Mounting an LCD above a fireplace!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Huggie, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Huggie

Huggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is this a bad idea as the only place i can fix it to the wall is about 70cm above a gas fire :eek: ive measured the temperature at various points and the chimney breast wall heats upto about 25 C tho the heat doesn't seem to rise from the front of the fire to where the screen will be.

the mount i'll be using will give 10cm of space between the warm wall and tv and is round about 20 C.

cheers.

2. JerryU

JerryU
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Best thing is to check your TV's owner's manual. My Panasonic LCD advises an ambient operating temperature range of between 5degC and 35degC. As your measurements appear to be comfortably below that upper limit, it should be OK, assuming that your particular TV is designed for a similar operating range. Hope this helps.

3. lexmeister2

lexmeister2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I personally don't think I'd ever mount a TV over a fire place that was used for heating, but having said that, if its 25 C on the warm wall, then what's the problem? - normal room temp is about 21-22 C, so doesn't seem too bad :)

4. RobertM

RobertM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget the extra cushions you will need to get upto eye level with the screen !! :D

Rob