mounting advice for newbie please

G

glenn280674

hi all,

quickly checked the FAQ's and couldnt see anything obvious ??

im due to order a 42" lcd for the wall in the next few days. im totally new to all this lcd scene, (cant wait to get rid of the std 28" bulky telly):thumbsup:

my only concern is i live in a new build estate where the walls are paper thin.....ie just plasterboard then a layer of breeze somewhere behind...

whats the best bolt/bracket/way to mount an lcd as im already having sleepless nights about it falling on the floor and i havent even got it yet :eek:

any help greatly recv'd

thanks

Glenn

sejjie

It shouldnt really be a problem - but if your that worried why not just get a stand instead?

ChrisGgr

Agree with sejjie!!Tell us about your budget on the tv!!!This is for LCD.There is an extra section for wall mounting.Anyway tell your budget and the uses of the tv to help you more

G

glenn280674

apologies,

the MAIN reason for the wall mounting is my little devil son :D he's two yrs old (yes he's in his terrible two's and acts like the tasmanian devil on a daily basis :D) and as we've finally saved up an amount of money i'd hate to see the new telly scratched/pen'd or worse !!

eg. he was walking around the room the other day with the pull down plastic bit that conceals the v - / + and av switches off the 28" we're getting rid of, looking at it and saying "awww Daddy, awww Daddy" :rolleyes:.....yes he'd physically ripped it off the telly !!!!

as for budget god thats a whole different story, ive been on here and viewed loads of posts and still cant decide which to go for, ive read the lcd vs plasma post tonight and even that has made me re think....

i'd settled on a rough price of 700-850 hopefully lcd (not entirely sure why???) hopefully 40-42" (or as big as i can get for the money) not fussed on make as it'll only be a general use telly....

sorry to say im not mega mad on footie so its not essential for sports, with 2 boys who are mad mad mad on playing both roller & ice hockey and working 2 days, 2 afters & 2 nights i just want something i can come home switch on and enjoy, whatever the programme at the time :)

obv, any help advice or swaying arguments towards plasma or lcd would again be greatly received.

many thanks

Glenn

ChrisGgr

General SD viewing?Nothing else than plasma.At this budget you can take a Panasonic 42PX70

jtotheb

whats the best bolt/bracket/way to mount an lcd as im already having sleepless nights about it falling on the floor and i havent even got it yet :eek:

any help greatly recv'd

thanks

Glenn

Presumably, your mounting this on an external wall. In which case, I've just done exactly the same thing on my plasterboard walls. You'll probably find that the plasterboard is just dabbed onto breeze blocks, in which case, there'll be no problem just drilling straight through the into the blocks.

That's what I did with my 46" Samsung - worked a dream.

G

glenn280674

thanks for the response guys.

yeah just general SD viewing at the mo im afraid.

the panny has some good reviews,

so is it defo plasma and not lcd i should be looking at ??

also the screen will be on an internal wall of sorts, but it does back onto the garage so im 99% certain theres breeze in the middle.....

if and when there is will normal screws & plugs be sufficient or would you recommend some kind of bolt or heavier duty method ??

sorry to sound thick but i've no concept of how heavy this kit is so just trying to fully prepare when i come to fit it.

thanks again

Glenn :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom