1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting a Z2 or Pana 500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TimF, Dec 16, 2003.

1. TimF

TimF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem

- Currently have a Pana PTAE-100 ceiling mounted on Unicol ceiling mount (The type that is adjustable for height and you get different plates to suit different PJ's).

The room has recently been professionally re-decorated (to my wifes high specification!)

I want to upgrade to a Z2 or Pana 500 and have been given the green light only if I can simply replace the existing PJ without moving the mount!

Verticle shouldn't be an issue and the throw distances are roughly the same....so its just lateral position thats important.

Anyone completed a similar upgrade?, I know that the Z2 has lens shift but this may not be enough - is the 500 the same box as the 100?

Any thoughts welcome

Tim

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Well, according to projector central, the Z1 and the 500 have similar throw ratios. As the 500 matches the 300, which I understand matched the 100, the chances are that your current plate and position will suffice.

Getting hold of a UK 500 is the difficult part though:(

Hope this helps,

Cap:)