Mounting a screen 6" from the wall

ap001

Hi All,

I have just bought myself a Sapphire 122" manual screen and want to mount it on the same wall as my plasma, however my plasma and mount are quite bulky and so the screen will have to be mounted at least 6" from the wall. I was going to use 2 blocks of wood 6" deep, screw those into the wall and then mount the screen on those but am not sure if it will take the weight.

Anybody think this will be okay or have a better solution?

Thanks in advance.

ap001

st tech1

Can you not ceiling mount it?

I was looking at that screen but could not decide between that and the size down,106" diagonal.

How far are you planning to sit from it? Is it your first screen?

ap001

Can you not ceiling mount it?

I was looking at that screen but could not decide between that and the size down,106" diagonal.

How far are you planning to sit from it? Is it your first screen?

The ceiling is 3.5m high or so, so it would have been a nightmare, projector is at 4.5m, viewing area is ay about 4m. I had to move the projector forward a metre or so otherwise the minimum width would have been way above 122". If your interested in the screen I picked it up from projector point for £230 inc VAT. When its up Ill let you know how good it is.

Its my first screen so I thought I'd get the largest size I possibly could :D

Last edited:

cebs_uk

That should work as its the type of thing we have to do at work all the time to fit plasma brackets in the correct place. All I ever do is see if the wood takes my weight and if so you got no probs at the screen won't be anywhere near that heavy, if if any doubt just use a bigger piece of wood if its possible as you won't see it when the screen is attached anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom