1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting a rotating LCD screen in breezeblock.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by coryoon, Sep 3, 2005.

1. coryoon

coryoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello chaps!

I have just purchased a Sharp LC26GA5E LCD and also a Delta Series 174B Slim line Triple pivot direct wall mount - (here).

I bought the mount specifically so I could rotate the TV to portrait or 'Tate' mode, so I could play vertically scrolling shoot-em-ups nicely - ('shmups' are pretty much my favorite genre of videogame).

Anyways, I have done a bit of asking around as to what the best fixings to use and generally have had a mixed bag of responses.

The wall mount, unusually comes with 4 x 45mm depth rawlbolts, although the quality of these don't look too great and i sourced a better looking set from B & Q.

However, I have heard some people suggesting traditional rawlplugs & screws - albeit as deep as screw length as possible. As the bolts may not be much use on breezeblock.

The TV itself weighs 12KG and the mount 2KG - not a massive amount, but bear in mind that the mount sits out about 4" away from the wall and tilts in every conceivable way and, of course rotates the TV completely to portrait - this will no doubt put the most stress on the bracket.

Maybe I am worrying too much, or perhaps there is specific fixing I should only use for breezeblock?

Many thanks in anticipation.

2. ernie80

ernie80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Have you considered using window frame fixings? they are basically a raw plug and screw, but they are available in reasonable lengths typically
    8x100mm
    10x140mm.

Regards