Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mounting a Plasma on chimney breast

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Airwave1007, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Airwave1007

Airwave1007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi People,

I am hopeing to purchase a new Plasma screen either the TH-42PHD8BK or the TH-42PWD8BS not sure which is better any advie glady taken. But I want to know if I can mount this on chimney breast with a working fire/stove underneath it. I will have a quite thick piece of marble between fire to put speakers on and also deflect some of the upward heat. Just worried about chimney breast itself as that does tend to get quite warm. We do not have stove lit that often just don't wanna fry the screen when I do light it. Any comments.....

Thanks everyone in advance and love this website so infomative nearly to much to take in at times.

Darren

2. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The PHD8 is the high definition panel so it'll have a better image and be future proofed for high definition content, and normally I wouldn't suggest mounting a plasma beneath a fireplace but quite alot of the more experienced guys here do (mal for instance) and seem to be fine with it, if there is a decent sized shelf beneath to deflect some of the heat then it should be just dandy

3. GranPremio

GranPremio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Bit low methinks...... :rotfl: :rotfl:

4. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: