1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mounting 32pf8896 on vesa type mount

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Hunterm8, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Hunterm8

Hunterm8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought this stand new for £198 http://www.stil-stand.co.uk/site/2052.htm but realised the philips doesnt have vesa fittings :thumbsdow .Has any one mounted one succesfully to vesa?

tv is 9986 not 8896

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    There has gotta be a way of attaching the wall mount you got with the TV to the VESA mount which would allow you to mount the TV to that. Should be possible to do quite a nice job with a wee bit of drilling and bolting!

Jimmy

3. zoidy

zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi,

I have a similar problem in that I bought a VESA swivel bracket for the wall to connect to my Phil 9976 but had the issue of no VESA mounting points on the actual TV. I am waiting for delivery of a universal mounting bracket that will fit the back of the TV though. It's from RAW International - raw-int.com - (via their reseller ThePlasmaCentre.com):
    http://www.raw-int.com/product.php?id=flcd1

Alternatively I just found out that Philips do actually have a VESA bracket for the 9976/86. You can call their reseller on 01434 323232 (Dutchwest). I dont know how much it is but Raws is under £80.

Cheers,
    Pete.