1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mount plate connection to HS10 .

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rooster, Feb 8, 2003.

1. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok i know the screw diameter is M5 size but from the various photos posted on here it seems that the length used varies . The manual indicates it should be M5 x 12 which would make the plate flush with the projector, but most peoples home mounts have a gap between projector and plate. So does it matter?

If it is not flush mounted then does that not mean that you couldnt use a bolt to tighten screw and would be relying soley on the strength of the screw threads as all the projector weight would be pulling on these?

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Using longer bolts and a nut above the plate allows some extra adjustment to the throw position.

3. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Rooster,

As you say most ceiling mounting plates have an air gap beneath them in my opinion this is necessary to give the projector plenty of air as the temperature is greater near the ceiling.

As for the screws 12mm into the projector plus the thickness of the spacer plus the thickness of the mounting plate, I take it you have long 5mm screws/bolts.

A 5mm steel screw will hold a surprising amount of weight so no worries as there are three on an HS10.

Hope you are enjoying your new PJ.

Klippie.

4. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Klippie yes I have 25mm and 50mm long M5 screws. Will probably use the 50mm ones then.

Haven't had time to watch a film yet as my room is not quite finished. Carpet goes in Tommorow so Monday evening I shall be building some tables for new room and then probably Tuesday will ceiling mount the PJ and that will be that.