Mount ISO Images

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Hiya,

I have a load of ISO's that I don't really want to burn. What Virtual CD programs out there are free and compatible with Vista, preferably certified for Vista as a lot of them aren't WHQL.

I don't want anything as bloated as Daemon Tools so short and sweet will do.

Thanks

kevshed

why do you need a program for mounting the ISOs? Most burning apps will nativly burn it without the need for mounting.... I use nero to do it for example, unless im missing the point of your post.

EDIT - Doh Sorry disregard, totally misread your post, i thought you said 'wanted to burn' - idiot :)

I'd agree with the post below, use an old version of d-tools.

Last edited:

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Hiya,

I have a load of ISO's that I don't really want to burn.
why do you need a program for mounting the ISOs? Most burning apps will nativly burn it without the need for mounting.... I use nero to do it for example, unless im missing the point of your post.
He's looking to mount the iso so that he play/install/run or whatever from them at a a guess.

Curly

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
I don't want to burn them to disc. Virtual drives allow you to mount an ISO image as if you had bunt the disc and put it in the drive.

It's just most of the free ones aren't WHQL so give warnings when installing them about the drivers..

Singh400

Distinguished Member
The old version of Daemon Tools is what I use. But make sure you get the old version, and NOT the new one. The newer version is riddled with spyware.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
I just play them with VLC no probs.....

Jon_P

Hiya,

I have a load of ISO's that I don't really want to burn. What Virtual CD programs out there are free and compatible with Vista, preferably certified for Vista as a lot of them aren't WHQL.

I don't want anything as bloated as Daemon Tools so short and sweet will do.

Thanks
This one will probably work. I don't use Vista at work but it works in Windows 2003 Server so I can't see why not..

XP: Small, Free Way to Use and Mount Images (ISO files) Without Burning Them | Windows | Tech-Recipes

It has a brief explanation and a link to the m$ site where theres a tiny dll add-in. We use it sparingly on boxes where some of the developers are concerned about their file integrity / IT are concerned about unlicensed software. The file is so small that you wouldn't know to go looking for it unless someone told you where it was (so they don't tend to spot you popped it there!!). You can of course set yourself up a desktop shortcut. Definitely not bloatware!!

OK I might be being daft here but is Daemon Tools Lite considered a bad mounting software these days ? I have been using it with no obvious issues.

booyaka

use Deamon tools myself and can't really find anything to beat it

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
I still say play the ISO with VLC Media Player.... Works fine for me...

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
I still say play the ISO with VLC Media Player.... Works fine for me...
not all ISO's are bootlegs off "teh interweb"
he may have backups of his files in ISO format

not to mention he may have his own app in mind, if he is running a home media server like XP media centre, he will be using the player from that

i vote virtual clone drive, doesnt work 100% but its normally ok (think only ever had trouble with mounting my blu-rays but that may of been fixed now)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom