Mount and Blade

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Sinzer, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,120
    Can't find a thread on here, but I downloaded the demo this morning and was going to have a quick go on it while I drank a cup of tea.

2 Hours later I remembered I had to go to work!!!

This game is really pretty dam good. You could sum it up as Elite on Horses. It is the same open ended gameplay, do you want, pillage or trade or bounty hunt. The graphics are serviceable and the combat mechanics are not too shabby either.

I would really recommend this game, I think it says something when the Gamespot review is at 6 and the reader average is 8.9 from over 1500 votes. The "professional" critics seemed to have missed the point with this game and despite it not having millions of dollars in production values, it actually provides a lot of fun, just building up an army and ravaging the lands.

It is a shame it has been so lambasted for lack of storyline, Elite was one of the best games of all time and the storyline that game had was virtually nil.

The demo is available through steam.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. Clunk

Clunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    I downloaded this a few weeks ago after seeing it mentioned on another forum. I only had a 20 minute play around before bed, which was enough to jump into a scenario and start riding around in circles chasing people, jumping on and off my horse quite randomly (couldn't figure out or remember the buttons, but I was tired). It had me laughing a lot, but didn't grip me.

I might give it another go and start it properly if, as you say, there's a lot more to it. Elite was indeed a class game. Only Freelancer has come close in that kind of genre out any games I've played.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,120
    Yeah I think the first few fights, I was a bit "meh" and got frustrated, but after a while you learn how to line up your shots and it is quite satisfying chopping up some dude on the gallop.

It gets a lot better after an hour or so, and you work out how to get your army up and running. It is a lot of fun getting your men levelled up and then chasing down 6 lowly scumbag looters and completely rampaging them. All your guys run in, shouting and screaming, while you gallop around and join in the mayhem.