Mount across two studs with component shelf?

jthoni

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am going to put a new 42" flat panel on the wall of our recently finished basement. This is basically a play area for small children, and is limited on space, so I don't want to have anything on the floor (not to mention that there is a slope). I want to hang the tv, as well as a shelf below it for an Xbox and Kinnect.
The issue I am running into is that most of of the wall mounts with shelves that I see (such as http://www.z-linedesigns.com/upload/products/100_1_medium.jpg) are single stud mounting. The wall where I would put this does not have a stud at center. If I were to span two studs, this would be apropriately centered. I can easily find a wall mount that will span two studs, but not many that have shelves. I could buy a separate shelf component, but these also seem to be single-stud. Well, I did find a couple (like this HIDEF Lifestyle Sanus - VF2022 - Wall-Mounted Furniture The Most Trusted AV Source), but they seem to be quite expensive. At one point I did find a shelf that would hang from "any" tv mount bracket, but after 30 minutes of searching just now, I can't find it.
So, given the following criteria, what would this forum suggest?
- 42" flat screen
- Span two studs
- At least one (preferably two) shelves below the tv
Thanks!
~john

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom