• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mount across two studs with component shelf?

jthoni

Standard Member
I am going to put a new 42" flat panel on the wall of our recently finished basement. This is basically a play area for small children, and is limited on space, so I don't want to have anything on the floor (not to mention that there is a slope). I want to hang the tv, as well as a shelf below it for an Xbox and Kinnect.
The issue I am running into is that most of of the wall mounts with shelves that I see (such as http://www.z-linedesigns.com/upload/products/100_1_medium.jpg) are single stud mounting. The wall where I would put this does not have a stud at center. If I were to span two studs, this would be apropriately centered. I can easily find a wall mount that will span two studs, but not many that have shelves. I could buy a separate shelf component, but these also seem to be single-stud. Well, I did find a couple (like this HIDEF Lifestyle Sanus - VF2022 - Wall-Mounted Furniture The Most Trusted AV Source), but they seem to be quite expensive. At one point I did find a shelf that would hang from "any" tv mount bracket, but after 30 minutes of searching just now, I can't find it.
So, given the following criteria, what would this forum suggest?
- 42" flat screen
- Span two studs
- At least one (preferably two) shelves below the tv
Thanks!
~john

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom