Moulin Rouge

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jimmy the Saint, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Jimmy the Saint

Jimmy the Saint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received the R4 two disc edition from ezy dvd and can report that the dts track is excellent. The extras disc is fairly comprehensive with a few hidden easter eggs as well. If you enjoyed the movie, this is a good edition to buy, especially seeing it costs about £15 inc. delivery!

2. Brendon

Brendon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a heads up:

I've got the R1 copy of Moulin Rouge. On my player (Pioneer 626D), as well several other peoples Pioneer players, the DTS track is seriously out of sync with the picture.
    (Connecting the player via digital optical cable to a Pioneer THX Ultra receiver)

The 5.1 Dolby Digital track is pretty much fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem on any of their players ?

Aside from THX dropping the ball (anyone remember the Dinosaur and Tarzan debarcles ?), I really wanted this film in DTS! Does anyone happen to know if the DTS track on the R4 disc has the same problems ?

Cheers,

Bren

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No region 4 DTS problems with Moulin Rouge, or at least through an old Pioneer 515

:)

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,013
    Just seen the R4 version. Used DTS. Pioneer 737. No noticeable lipsych issues.

This version doesn't bear any THX accreditiation and, coincidentally (?) is the best Fox transfer I've seen. It has little of the visible edge enhancement which seems to plague THX certified movies. I don't see any mention of DTS on the packaging, either.

A very unusual, yet entertaining, movie. Made my wife cry, which (usually) means she enjoyed it!

5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,104
    I had lip sync problems on R1 version DTS. I have a Pioneer 939-A. The problem was very apparent in the first main scene after the show when they're talking in her room whilst she thinks he's the Duke..It was so bad I switched back to DD. I later skipped back to DTS and didn't have any problems for the rest of the film. I couldn;t stand the film, but the DTS sound was fantastic..

6. Anjou

Anjou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I finally watched my copy of Moulin Rouge R1 last night and spotted lip sync problems on the DTS track almost straight away - especially during the first meeting between Ewan and the folks upstairs, then really bad with Nicole and Ewan. The Dolby 5.1 is spot on though.

I too have a modified 737 from Techtronics, and am using a 909 reciever.

I thought Pioneer would have cracked this by now. Has anyone managed to play the R1 DTS on a 737 in sync? If the R4 is fine, as some have reported, could it be something to do with a player designed for PAL?

7. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Region 1 version and the lip synch is terrible on both my Panasonic A110 and Playstation 2!:(

8. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,306
    There´s lip synch problems with my R1 DTS version on my Toshiba 210, but seeing as the film is crap and I switched it off after 45 mins, I doubt if i´ll bother trying the DD track to see if thats out as well.

Crap film with lip synch to boot!

How the hell it won a load of awards I dont know!!

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe it won lots of awards 'cos its such an ace film! That might have something to do with it, maybe?;)

10. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If it makes you feel any better, my DVD32R exhibits the same lipsynch problem:(

11. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks its a bad film!! I think pretty much everybody has noticed the the lip sync on the DTS R1. Most people will want to listen to the DTS soundtrack. Not good enough really. If I'd liked the film I'd have been very pi$$ed off :mad:

Rob.