1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mottled dirty effect on 36" w/s (in this case PD30)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by davej, Sep 8, 2003.

1. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just taken delivery of my 2nd 36PD30 and while the black crushing & colour stability has improved its got the same problem as its predecessor - the last few inches on either side have a mottled affect as if the screen was dirty but the dirt is on the inside. For normal TV & DVDs its invisible but for sport like cricket or football its highly irritating. Putting a static white image up and lowering the brightness shows the marks up quite clearly.
    As nobody else appears to have mentioned this with the PD30 and this is my second set with the problem I'd to know-
    - is this on all 36PD30s but most people don't notice it (am I just being fussy?)
    - is this normal for TVs of this size?

Thanks (and apologies for yet another pd30 related thread)

2. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Many sets suffer from this dirty screen effect. Some are worse than others. The Tosh Stratas i had were all quite bad in this respect. It is just a result in poor quality control within the manufacture of the tube. It was very annoying watching football as once i'd noticed it, it was all i could look at. Enjoyment spoiled. In my opinion it is not acceptable on a set costing so much money.