MotorStorm - Play and Help Thread

Hi

Really enjoying the demo and am about to buy the full game.

Is there a way of downloading the game onto my hard drive from the PS store so that I dont keep having to inserting the disc?

I can only find add ons in the store and not the full game.

Thanks.

Nope. You have to insert the disk to play MS - or just leave it in! When you get it, head 'online' for the update - then download all the stuff from the store as you wish. If you do it in that order, then the time-attack store download won't stop the game from working (as per the instrcutions which everone seems to miss!)

Too late, just picked up a brand new sealed copy off ebay for £18.50 inc delivery. Can't wait to go online:D

Cheers

Too late, just picked up a brand new sealed copy off ebay for £18.50 inc delivery. Can't wait to go online:D

Cheers

Nice one... you just need a DS3 now.......:D

Can somebody who has the new DLC tracks do a quick review or something? Are there tickets included to race on them? What are the tracks themselves like? Many alternate routes for different vehicle types?

Cheers,

:rotfl:

Great races tonight avolee and kolmes.:thumbsup: Good to play this again after so long.

Sorry about picking the wrong tracks Kolmes, you'll have to download them as they are quality in multiplayer.

:rotfl:

Great races tonight avolee and kolmes.:thumbsup: Good to play this again after so long.

Sorry about picking the wrong tracks Kolmes, you'll have to download them as they are quality in multiplayer.

i thought they had fixed all the cheating bugs, obviously not because you won a few races.:rotfl:
had a good laugh tonight. cheers.:)

How many map packs are there?? Might have to make a purchase...

Cheers for the games, more again soon!

Wow - have had the ps3 for about a month now, mainly for blu-ray but went to my bro-in law's yesterday and tried this game for a laugh and it's brilliant. Kept on finishing last, but hey, just loved crashing into everything at maximum boost and seeing the rider somersaulting through the air and landing on his neck! Awesome!! :D

Got to get myself one....

I got Motorstorm with my PS3 and from what I'd seen in screenshots and reviews it looked and sounded great. However in reality, for me anyway, I haven't been that impressed.

I find it very boring and quite annoying at times when you lose it once and the damn vehicle will blow up. It does look good though, there's no denying that.

Does it get better as you keep playing? Or is it pretty much the same all the way through? I think I've only played it about 5 or 6 times since I got it last December.

The worst thing about Motorstorm is the catch-up AI. You can usually drive without boosting for most of the race and stay competitive (if you don't crash). Boost all the time and the AI will still keep up with you.

I have once come in last place with a faster race time than when I won.:suicide:

So it's crying out for human opponents. I've been unable to try it online, so it might be better there. But what the game really needs is split screen.

The positives are obviously the graphics, and the great selection of vehicle types. Is does become more entertaining the further you get into the races and really quite challenging, once you begin to understand the AI traits. It becomes very important to drive different vehicles in different ways, using different lines and surfaces. And there is always the chance of a random hilarious crash...

It's a game you can dip into now and again... but it's far from great.

I still play it. Not that often though. It does have its faults as noted, but it is definitely worth keeping in your collection and I think if you fire it up again you will remember that it is actually a pretty good game. Some of the new map packs have helped it as well. You'll only get pennies for it if you trade it in or sell it on ebay, so, I;d say keep it in your collection until Motorstorm 2 comes out!

still a great game. not sure why people moan about the catch up. its alot more interesting and fun when there is a massive ruck on the track. might play this tonight actually.:)

Great game. The whole family are into it, even my 3 year old loves it.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of getting my songs to play during the game. I think the existing playlist is great but would be even better if I could get a couple of rocking Stranglers tunes going.

I am sure it has been mentioned in this thread before but buggered if I can find it.

Cheers

I don't think Motorstorm supports custom soundtracks

Great game. The whole family are into it, even my 3 year old loves it.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of getting my songs to play during the game. I think the existing playlist is great but would be even better if I could get a couple of rocking Stranglers tunes going.

I am sure it has been mentioned in this thread before but buggered if I can find it.

Cheers

Motorstorm doesn't support custom soundtracks.

I have a GT Force wheel (PS2, released with Gran Turismo 3). It's USB, is it compatible with the PS3?

Anyone up for some MotorStorm tonight?

Not played for months, lets revive this beauty of a game.

i had this when it first came out for my usa ps3, sold it middle of last year hardly playing that much of it, but after seeing videos of motorstorm 2 this has got me right back into the game, managed to get a uk second hand copy for £12 and just downloaded 3 extra tracks for the game, this game rocks, cant believe i sold it, this and gt5p will give me my racing fix till motorstorm 2 and gt5 comes out, played racedriver demo and hated it
forgot how long it takes to select a car and race on single player, ah well more than makes up for it when playing, roll on motorstorm 2 cant wait.

Sorry I have just spotted this on the Jap store when I logged in last night.

an advert for a "new" game called MOTORSTORM COMLETE, as my japanese reading is poor and my japanese missus was not in a mood to help, I have no idea what this is all about????

I am on my way to Shanghai now so no way to check in the shop unfortunately until next week.

Anyone here knows if in japan we are getting Motorstorm 2 under this name? It looks like the launch is sometime this months whereas Motorstorm 2 is scheduled for Fall/Winter 2008 so I am slightly confused!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom