MotorStorm - Play and Help Thread

Has your router been provided by SKY?

Nope i use it on a BT connection. I just find it odd as i can race fine no lag or anything yet when the race finishes sits loading for a while then loses connection. Also i have a type 2 NAT so i dont see a problem there.

Xbox live works perfectly as does the Wii.

Did the new maps come out? Did anyone get them?

Its all gone quiet and no-one has mentioned anything about the 'new maps' since the post earlier this week!

Jon

i bought em, not very big, but enjoyable, 1 is an oval shape, one a figure 8 type, not played much of em but i will be sharing them with a friend tonight so i can have a few games with him.:smashin:

Just spotted this over at IGN

S, January 16, 2008 - The official PlayStation blog continues to pump out new information for everyone to enjoy. Felice Standifer, Senior US Producer for MotorStorm, recently posted an entry on the blog describing the two new tracks for MotorStorm that will appear in tomorrow's PlayStation Store update. What do racing fans have to look forward to?

The pack of two tracks will be priced at $2.99 and will include Diamondback Speedway and Eagle's Nest. Standifer notes that you'll be able to use these tracks with all vehicle classes online, and in Time Attack and Eliminator modes. Diamondback is a speedway circuit "where flat-out pedal-to-the-metal driving is the only way to compete." Eagle's Nest is a much more environmentally isolated track and looks to revolve more around mayhem, judging from Standifer's explanation.

are these not the tracks that were in the store update last week?

Ah just checked yeah, they're on UK store, guess ths is is US news then (my default account is US so didnt notice them on the UK store :p)

Has anyone noticed 'tearing' in Motorstorm.. I think 'tearing' is the right term.. When turning quickly (when there is a lot going on) the top 1/2 of the screen seems to be a frame or so behind the bottom.

The reason I ask is that last night I was playing on 2 different tracks and when there were a lot of vehicles in the frame, I saw this 'tearing'... The reason i am worried is that I just had my PS3 swapped and I didn't notice this before. But it might have been there before, but I don't remember..

At the same time as swapping my PS3, I also moved from Component to HDMI so that could be the problem also (need to do some testing by going back to Compenent just to rule this out).

As I said, there might always have been 'tearning'.. I just don't remember seeing it before.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Jon

Has anyone noticed 'tearing' in Motorstorm.. I think 'tearing' is the right term.. When turning quickly (when there is a lot going on) the top 1/2 of the screen seems to be a frame or so behind the bottom.

The reason I ask is that last night I was playing on 2 different tracks and when there were a lot of vehicles in the frame, I saw this 'tearing'... The reason i am worried is that I just had my PS3 swapped and I didn't notice this before. But it might have been there before, but I don't remember..

At the same time as swapping my PS3, I also moved from Component to HDMI so that could be the problem also (need to do some testing by going back to Compenent just to rule this out).

As I said, there might always have been 'tearning'.. I just don't remember seeing it before.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Jon

the odd bit, very rarely and not as bad as what you seem to be describing. was it on the same track both times?

the odd bit, very rarely and not as bad as what you seem to be describing. was it on the same track both times?

I just switched back to Component and tried Ticket 8-1 (Mudpool with Big Rigs) and it was fine... But then again there are only 7 vehicles.

I then went back to the track I was on last night (7-4 (Tenderiser on ATVs)) and could see it easily.

COuld someone try this for me.. Have a race on ticket 7-4 and at the start (When the pack are in view) swing left and right.. For, you can clearly see the 'tearing'.

Then as you go down the first hill and take the first corners, its still obvious as the rest of the cars are in view.. But once you get in front it settles down.. But let them in front again and you get the tearing.

Could someone test this for me??

Jon

I just switched back to Component and tried Ticket 8-1 (Mudpool with Big Rigs) and it was fine... But then again there are only 7 vehicles.

I then went back to the track I was on last night (7-4 (Tenderiser on ATVs)) and could see it easily.

COuld someone try this for me.. Have a race on ticket 7-4 and at the start (When the pack are in view) swing left and right.. For, you can clearly see the 'tearing'.

Then as you go down the first hill and take the first corners, its still obvious as the rest of the cars are in view.. But once you get in front it settles down.. But let them in front again and you get the tearing.

Could someone test this for me??

Jon
I get tearing in Motorstorm, usually when there's lots of vehicles and/or crashes on screen too. It's not a problem with anyones PS3, it's just a problem with the game.

Nothing to worry about. Lots of 360 and PS3 games suffer from tearing (Rainbow 6 Vegas and Heavenly Sword to name a couple).

I get tearing in Motorstorm, usually when there's lots of vehicles and/or crashes on screen too. It's not a problem with anyones PS3, it's just a problem with the game.

Nothing to worry about. Lots of 360 and PS3 games suffer from tearing (Rainbow 6 Vegas and Heavenly Sword to name a couple).

I know you are right.. SInce I have a 360, I have suffered tearing on almost every game.. I was actually quite pleased with the PS3 that you didn't get the same kind of glitches on all the games I played

And with Motorstorm I havn't noticed tearing until now.. Since I just swapped my PS3 and the Tearing was immediatly obvious, it crossed my mind that this COULD be a fault (unlikely, but could) and since I had never noticed tearing in MS before, I had to assume that this is a possibiltiy.

If others are seeing this, then clearly its just one of those things!

Hi folks

Having problems loading motorstorm, bascially it doesn't load up at all. I have to eject the disc and switch off the ps3 at the back as it just hangs after putting in the disc.

The disc is immaculate with no scratches on it. Have owned it since launch day and played it loads over the last 10 months. But this week it doesn't want to play. My other games and blu ray films work fine.

Any ideas?? Could the data on the disc have gone corrupt?? Don't really want to have the buy the game again.

cheers
Ben

Hi Ben,

The same thing happened to me after I installed system software version 2.10. All you have to do is delete the patches/addons you have downloaded for motorstorm from the ps3. Not your saved games. Just go to the top of the games list on the main menu, you should find them in there. Once deleted the game will boot and you can download the latest patch.

Hope that makes sense,
Adam

Hi Ben,

The same thing happened to me after I installed system software version 2.10. All you have to do is delete the patches/addons you have downloaded for motorstorm from the ps3. Not your saved games. Just go to the top of the games list on the main menu, you should find them in there. Once deleted the game will boot and you can download the latest patch.

Hope that makes sense,
Adam

Thanks Adam, have just deleted it and it plays fine. Can't be good for the general public who have no idea this forum exists. There's probably lots of people pulling their hair out.

Recently started getting into the single player campaign again after almost 6 months :)eek:) and on ticket 15 now and it's driving me nuts!! The AI catchup in this game is worse than Mario Kart on the SNES!!! You begin to leave the pack, only for them to get a miraculous bump in speed and overtake you, then you do the same to them, and it's a never ending cycle!!! Sure it keeps races close-knit but why can't we be allowed to perform in a race depending on skill?!?!? I know most people have given up on the single player and just play online but I don't see the point of buying a game and not completing it!!! Arrrggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if the different vehicles in their respective classes have different stats or are they basically just new 'skins'?

I must say I love this game and still now it's one of the better looking games on the PS3. Some races are just awe-inspiringly beautiful!!

Our PS3 has 2 accounts set up, mine and our sons. He cant play online due to 'parental control'. I have been into my account and enabled all the things there are to enable but still no joy. Is this just down to the date of birth that the network has logged from us setting up the accounts? Do we have a way around it?the game is 12+ and this equates to 'level 5' in ps3 speak. My son is 11 so I guess its blocking him out cos of his age?
cheers
jim

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, i can't for the life of me get my DS3 to rumble on this game. Can anyone help this muppet out.....:rotfl::lease:

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, i can't for the life of me get my DS3 to rumble on this game. Can anyone help this muppet out.....:rotfl::lease:

If you have the latest update 3.1 i think then during a race pause the game and one of the options in the menu will be for vibration and just turn it on.

If you dont have the update then on the main menu select the online option and when it tries to connect it will ask you to do an update. Do that then follow instruction above :smashin:

If you have the latest update 3.1 i think then during a race pause the game and one of the options in the menu will be for vibration and just turn it on.

If you dont have the update then on the main menu select the online option and when it tries to connect it will ask you to do an update. Do that then follow instruction above :smashin:

Shake that mans hand...:smashin: cheers mate, update now downloading.......:clap:(probably only take about 4 days to download):boring:

Our PS3 has 2 accounts set up, mine and our sons. He cant play online due to 'parental control'. I have been into my account and enabled all the things there are to enable but still no joy. Is this just down to the date of birth that the network has logged from us setting up the accounts? Do we have a way around it?the game is 12+ and this equates to 'level 5' in ps3 speak. My son is 11 so I guess its blocking him out cos of his age?
cheers
jim

Aye the game is a 12+ so thats why its blocked out

Cheers

Have been pulling this out recently. LOVING IT. Getting 1st's all the way along at the moment. NOT enjoying the Tenderiser level on ATV's I have to say. Horrible handling.

Just a joy to look at and to play. Evokes all sensations of getting on cracking driving arcade game units from the past.

EDIT:

Oh, how do you get 2D vehicle select?

Just started playing this game online and it says update v3.1 available updated when prompted but I don't get prompted . Anyway my problem is headsets how do you set them up I can't find anywhere in the game settings to do this, I am using a usb headset which works great with RFOM :confused:

cheers

ou have to go nto the game and go to the online section then it prompts you to update the game, bear in mind though that it takes bloody ages to update the 3.1 update, well it did on mine anyway.

Just hada bash of this game for the first time in ages and remembered just how much fun it was, played in short bursts this game is great.

Fuzzmundo

Hi

Really enjoying the demo and am about to buy the full game.

Is there a way of downloading the game onto my hard drive from the PS store so that I dont keep having to inserting the disc?

I can only find add ons in the store and not the full game.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom