MotorStorm - Play and Help Thread

Jay

Banned
I have just picked this up.

Does anyone fancy some races, is all the extra content worth purchasing?

sem1604

Banned
I have just picked this up.

Does anyone fancy some races, is all the extra content worth purchasing?

:thumbsup:

Up for some Jay, i will seek out a headset at the weekend though, until then ill be on GOW as per the norm for the weekend - cant imagine playing online without comms

Jay

Banned
:thumbsup:

Up for some Jay, i will seek out a headset at the weekend though, until then ill be on GOW as per the norm for the weekend - cant imagine playing online without comms

Remember just to get any old headset, you can pick one up very cheaply.

Drop me a friend request on the psn. Cheers

HDPete

Novice Member
As per the title really....

I cancelled the update as it was taking up to 2 hours and getting stuck. The PS3 beeped 3x times when I powered off and now I can't launch MStorm at all.

I guess I'll have to re-install, but how do I do that?

Pete

<edit>

Don't worry, after hours of frustration, but within minutes of posting (!, typical), I've deleted the updated from XMB and kept the game save data (phew:) and it loads up a treat.

Sorry#

</edit>

Pillow Lover

Distinguished Member
Just re-bought this game for about a tenner on Ebay. I bought it with my PS3 near launch and foolishly sold it shortly afterwards.

The demo convinced me to buy it again. Anyone who hasn't already got it is seriously recommended to pick up a cheap copy. The bikes are wicked :devil: win or lose.

Motorstorm 2 is looking great as well :thumbsup:

Last edited:

breadbun

Yep. It still the bees knees, and a game I wont ever sell, even when Motorstorm 2 comes out!

Jay

Banned
Anyone still playing this, really good game, it's just so much fun.

Anyone fancy a few games online??

Jay

Banned
yeah, i still have it. give us a shout when your on.:)

I haven't seen you online in ages, I hope you ain't playing with your dyson (360) :D

Let me know when you're next on and we can get some races going. :smashin:

avolee

I haven't seen you online in ages, I hope you ain't playing with your dyson (360) :D

Let me know when you're next on and we can get some races going. :smashin:

nah, just spendin a bit of time with the wife after what happened to her dad. anyhoo, let us know what night your missus lets you on.:D

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Ditto Avo, haven't seen you for a while, I miss your toilet roll man :)

avolee

Ditto Avo, haven't seen you for a while, I miss your toilet roll man :)

do you know what, i`m touched. i mean it, i really am touched. that`s what the missus says anyway.:rotfl: well i still have burnout, motorstorm, everybodys golf, resistance and a few others. i`ll be getting on more over the next week or so, we`ll have to organise a few games nights.:D

P-P-S-S

I bought Motorstorm recently and after playing for a while single player decided to go and play online. When i go to online play before letting me in it says that an update is available. I choose to download it and it goes well until around 2/3 of the way the PS3 system freezes and i have to switch it off in order to reboot it. I have tried a few times but no success with downloading the full update so far.

Anyone can offer any advice:lease::lease:?

SparkShot

Sold mine on playtrade yesterday for £8.99 which wasn't to bad given how old the game is and that its also out on platinum for £14.99 brand new practically everywhere.

Managed to sel RFOM for £10 too :thumbsup:.

d3moliti0n

Hi

I'm getting a PlayStation 3 for Christmas, and I just want to know, do I need to buy Motorstorm 1 before playing Pacific Rift or does it not really matter? As I know with Resistance I'm going to have to play Resistance 1 before I play the second one for storyline etc.

Thanks for your help.

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Hi

I'm getting a PlayStation 3 for Christmas, and I just want to know, do I need to buy Motorstorm 1 before playing Pacific Rift or does it not really matter? As I know with Resistance I'm going to have to play Resistance 1 before I play the second one for storyline etc.

Thanks for your help.

I'd say the opposite, dive straight in to Pacific Rift. Way better than the 1st, imho, and can be had for under £20:thumbsup:

EDIT: BTW, always best to post on the existing thread rather than start a new one :)

Last edited:

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thanks for your help.

Please don't start new unnecessary threads. Merging with existing Motorstorm thread.

IanW1977

I have got to Level 2. In the Buggy Type Truck thing on the track where there is a massive jump up a wooden ramp and you land on another wooden ramp on the other side.
Struggling to get past it - Best result is 7th but all I seem to do is battle for 9th place with the last few people. Been on it about 6 times now. Even from the start the front pack dissapear and I have only managed to get to 3rd.

cymruoasis

I gave this game another go last week and I still can't stand it. The fact that your vehicle blasts to bits around evey other corner really annoys me, It's just too crazy.

IanW1977

The Difficulty is crazy - Even doing a perfect race you still finish way behind everyone else.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021