Motorstorm - Jap retail screens

Smak

Established Member
Reaction score
Some new screens emerged from the Jap retail version......

321248418_a9542ed095_b.jpg

321216012_9e5adaf919_b.jpg

e0350991b2-1.jpg

9d2dda362b.jpg

321215546_a9009ede0d_b.jpg

:eek:

I have serious doubts if they are the final game shots, they are so far removed from the demo version in terms of visual quaity it's hard to believe they've made it look so much nicer in such a short period of time, i'll hold out until i start seeing some official reviews on this one before rushing out and ordering based on the above.

Having played the demo I can easily see the retail being this good and if not then so what. The game already looks/plays great!

been playing this for a while at work and its blooming great fun.

not a long term game but a gret pick up and have a 30 mins bash.

Having played the demo I can easily see the retail being this good and if not then so what. The game already looks/plays great!

Oh i'm not knocking the game, the demo is great fun (apart from over sensitive sixaxis control on the bike mode) just that i dont believe the screen shots above are representative of what final gameplay are, and more than probably cgi so people shouldn't rush out to buy the game based on the screenies above is all.

Oh i'm not knocking the game, the demo is great fun (apart from over sensitive sixaxis control on the bike mode) just that i dont believe the screen shots above are representative of what final gameplay are, and more than probably cgi so people shouldn't rush out to buy the game based on the screenies above is all.

The above shots are off screen grabs from the in-game engine, MS CGI is alot better than the above.....

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/img_3323090.html

Pictures taken off a TV screen tend to hide flaws, plus there scalled down hiding any possible aliasing.

Kikizo were very impressed with this latest build..... http://games.kikizo.com/news/200611/101_p1.asp

Suppose to have been out yesterday from Yes Asia...now it looks like they cant get it or ran out of pre order stock...here we go again....

Going by some first impressions posted elsewhere of the retail release it's ace. Even better than the demo.

Apparently there is some English text in it, mixed with the Japanese.

...Loving the wet mud there - looks fantastic ! :thumbsup:

I hope they nail the Eu/US online to at least 12 players...

I have just checked my order with Yes Asia and they are saying checking with suppliers, in other words we dont have stock....:thumbsdow

I wonder if we will see them this side of Christmas...:mad:

Paid less than £25 for it so no big loss. Can always get the UK version latter if I still like it. I'm loving the demo so the JPN release should warrant £25.

That looks pretty good. I havent tried the demo, but ill get the full game on the 20th in Japan.

theres also Armourded Core 4 on the 22nd ( i think) Might get that too.

The PS3 needs some good games!

Yes Asia got inundated with orders so they have had to source more stock. Mine was stuck on sourcing until Friday night (now ready to be shipped).

They are ingame pictures. You can get Motorstorm demo looking nearly as good (I took plenty of the demo to show people) it's just that from behind camera driving you loose alot of detail as the camera is so far back. It doesnt use any trickery either like say PGR3 where replay are a higher res.

F1 is due end of month as well, I was impressed with the demo much better than the screen grabs.

Hey guys. I picked it up today! (must have come out a couple of days early)
Havent had time to try it yet, but cant wait!

Im waiting for my new 1080p projector to arrive before I start playing anything new. :thumbsup:

Got mine a couple of days ago.

Its a lot of fun, but pretty much just more of the same if you've played the demo. Structure wise its like this

you select a 'ticket'. Each ticket has up to four races in it. Each race is completely standalone. Finish in the top three of all the races to complete that ticket. you can restart any time during a race or if you fail to reach the top three (or if you want to improve on your position). You get points for where you finish. More points = opening locked tickets.

Thats it. Completely linear apart from being able to select from which ticket/race you want to race in - kind of like PGR3s racing - trophies open up as you get points.

There aren't many tracks, but they are pretty large and some (rockhopper for instance) will take some learning with multiple paths.

Physics/controls seem identical to the demo, so if you like your cars lollopy and bouncy you'll love this (thing stunt car racer on acid)

Its not somethign I think I'll play a lot in one sitting - the races are pretty hard going so I expect I'll do a ticket per sitting. But its something I don't see ever getting tired of - much like I still play PGR3 and love it a year on.

Disappointed that there isn't even a replay option, but hopefully the US verison will have more substance to it.

After watching the latest 1upshow ive decided to order a copy:) £31 inc delivery

Courses are

coyote rage
raingod mesa (the demo track)
the mud pool
the rock hopper
the grizzly
dust devil
the tenderizer
sidewinder gulch

Unlocked most of level 3, there are various versions of "dust devil" which involve the time of day. The sunset version is gorgeous but hard to see where you're going, you have to know the track, also a night time version with moon and stars, looks great but again really hard to navigate as you and the other vehicles don't have headlights, the stars reflect in your bonnet in the in car view.

I suspect in level 4 the other tracks have these time of day variations. The game is getting ridiculously hard at level 3, god help me if i ever reach level four.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom