Motorola X Force

jerryq7777

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Coming thick and fast from Moto never even knew this was coming.
Shatterproof glass they say,5.4" QHD display,water repellant,3760mAh battery,810 cpu.
Nice specs but £500 sim free.

Moto X Force

Motorola_Moto_X_Force.png

There were a lot of calls for the first Droid Turbo to be released outside of America. Good to see the DT2 is now available here in the form of the Force. Didn't know about this either.

Not the best looking of phones tho, or certainly not from that picture. Looks a bit chunky

Not the best looking of phones tho, or certainly not from that picture. Looks a bit chunky

Apparently due to the bombproof glass. I'm not sure if the large capacity battery also adds to the girth.

Its weird its actually slimmer than my Moto Style by a couple of mm but the Style only gets a 3000mAh battery.

Nice, didn't know about this one! Very tempting actually.
Shouldn't be able to bend this one in half [emoji4]

I WANT ONE :). I'm still on a 1st gen moto g which has been great, ready for a big boys one now.

I'm on the verge of hitting the buy button but does anyone know if the back is swappable please?

I like the idea and the feel of the ballistic nylon but might want to so if it holds too much pocket lint.

I'm on the verge of hitting the buy button but does anyone know if the back is swappable please?

I like the idea and the feel of the ballistic nylon but might want to so if it holds too much pocket lint.
There's no visible way I can see, I'm pretty sure you can't.
I did try having a look before mine arrived and couldn't find anything but I actually like the back luckily.
Also, if you do go for it check this screen saver out. Very happy with it BROTECT AirGlass Glass screen protector for Motorola Moto X Force, Extra-Hard, Ultra-Light, screen guard:Amazon.co.uk:Electronics

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
There's no visible way I can see, I'm pretty sure you can't.
I did try having a look before mine arrived and couldn't find anything but I actually like the back luckily.
Also, if you do go for it check this screen saver out. Very happy with it BROTECT AirGlass Glass screen protector for Motorola Moto X Force, Extra-Hard, Ultra-Light, screen guard:Amazon.co.uk:Electronics

Thanks for the reply, I thought as much really.

Have you had yours long? Do you find the back picks up and holds bits of debris? My concern is that after a few months the back might start to look tatty.

Brilliant price at the moment for this spec of phone, but I'm not so keen if it will look like it needs a good wash six months in!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for the reply, I thought as much really.

Have you had yours long? Do you find the back picks up and holds bits of debris? My concern is that after a few months the back might start to look tatty.

Brilliant price at the moment for this spec of phone, but I'm not so keen if it will look like it needs a good wash six months in!
Had it about a month and not had those issues so far.

I had a look in CPW at one of these, and the screen seemed a bit warm and not that bright.

How have you found yours to be (those that have one)?

Also, I don't know whether I'll get on with the Moto display (I think I'll miss the notification LED) any comments on that please?

Thanks

I had a look in CPW at one of these, and the screen seemed a bit warm and not that bright.

How have you found yours to be (those that have one)?

Also, I don't know whether I'll get on with the Moto display (I think I'll miss the notification LED) any comments on that please?

Thanks

My last phone was colder on the whites and this is warmer but I personally didn't have an issue with the change.
I think the phone can go bright but I never have a phone a full brightness anyway.
I didn't know about the light notification so was a little disappointed at that at first but I just wave over the phone to check when i get back to my phone so not an issue. I've grown to actually like the feature now and I believe there's apps that will flash the light for you but I haven't looked into it tbh.

Reports from some owners of moto X force of the "vertical green line" issue on the screen. A "google" brings up quite a few reports. Now that the cpw deal is finished and the price is back to normal its a huge risk to take with the phone.

Reports from some owners of moto X force of the "vertical green line" issue on the screen. A "google" brings up quite a few reports. Now that the cpw deal is finished and the price is back to normal its a huge risk to take with the phone.

There's also plenty that don't have the issue. You can Google any phone and there's faults, plus it's under warranty so personally wouldn't be put off.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom