motorola v635

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by shes_a_star, Mar 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, its a great wee fone!

but on the box it says it will play mp3s as ring tones. does any1 know how to set this up? :(

hello all, by ra way! :thumbsup:

2. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    :confused:
    -main menu
    -settings
    -ring styles

3. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

sadly no!

4. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    excuse me? :confused:
    sadly no what?

5. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sadly no thats not hte option.

i think i have it sussed tho, sussed as in it wont play full mp3s as ring tones, they must b limited to 20 secs an x amount of size. a far cry from what it claims on the box....

any help still appreciated!

6. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    thats the first ive heard. the place where i gave you is the correct place to select your ringtone, but there is a setting on your phone which determines where it plays the ringtone from i believe. theres no point in ringtones being longer than 30 seconds anyway because the call will have gone straight to voice mail by then.

7. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there is no ring styles option within settings....

the motorola v635 is becomin a very dissapointing phone...

less im stupid, its not allowing me to bluetooth pictures! (only tried it for the first time tonight right enough, but still i couldnt get it sorted...)

8. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    hmmmmm i don't know. everyone else seems to be pleased with it. nor does anyone seem to be having any problems. i think its probably you ;).

9. Reepicheep

Reepicheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    If you load the software that came with the phone and connect the phone to a PC using the USB lead supplied you can copy complete MP3 or selected sections of tracks to your phone. These then appear in the ring tone options list with all the other tones. You then select the one you want from the list - easy :)
    Full instructions to use the supplied software is contained on the CD that comes with the phone.

The software also lets you syncronise with your Outlook phonebook and copy photos to your phone to use as wallpaper.

You could also transfer MP3 files direct to the phones removable memory card via a PC or use a PC Bluetooth dongle to transfer files.

10. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

me and u need to talk!!! :thumbsup:

so from the start....

the cd i got ddint seem to have any software on it!! just kinda advertising pish!

11. RobertinHerts

RobertinHerts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    From what I'd previously understood I wasn't expecting a CD-Rom or USB cable with the 635 when I purchased it however it's all there and yes the software is indeed disguised as 'advertising pish'. If your disc says 'mobile phonetools V3.0' in an oval on the right just cancel the flash presentation and you should find it. However don't expect to be able to load the software into a directory of your choice.

Robert

12. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    you may have to run live update too. possibly.

13. RobertinHerts

RobertinHerts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    One of the buttons on the outside is called the Smart key which is not documenteted in the Orange manual except to call it the Smart key in a diagram. It was causing me irritation whenever it was accidently touched especially as I couldn't work out what it was trying to achieve - Styles / Camera or what?.

Meanwhile I found activating the Bluetooth Parrot Driveblue device in the car from the phone a pain as it required so many keystrokes each time.

I've now discovered that by using Personalisation of the Home screen I can set the Smart key to be Bluetooth Link and made the operation a lot simpler thus I've solved two problems in one go as accidently hitting the Smart key now isn't a problem.

I've also changed the intial setting for the right soft key from Video to Camera and moved the Settings icon to the centre (default) on the main menu. :thumbsup:

Robert

14. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

right, this man knows what he is doin!

1. how do i bluetooth pictures?

2. how do i set up an mp3 as a ringtone?

if you could answer those two questions id be happy! thanks

15. RobertinHerts

RobertinHerts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, I'm just sharing what little I do know.

Do you mean bluetooth to a computer? If so then it's a case of using the previously mentioned CD-Rom to set up the software on the computer. You then have the choice of using the USB cable or Bluetooth and exchanging all kinds of stuff. However if its transferring to another phone then what makes you tink it's a possibility?

Robert

16. RobertinHerts

RobertinHerts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I can discard a photo as opposed to saving but I can't see how to delete one on the phone after it's been saved. Any ideas? Is it obvious but I've missed it?

Robert

17. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go to the picture and its options and choose delete?

i hate the way u cant delete the photos that came on teh phone, they just use up valuable memory...

yes i mean bluetooth to another phone, we should be able to do it, all other bluetooth fones can.

18. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    go to pictures and either press menukey, then delete. or mark all the ones that you want deleting by pressing the '0' key. then press menukey and choose the option to delete the marked one's.

you can delete them.
    http://www.mobile-review.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=25215

19. RobertinHerts

RobertinHerts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    THanks. I was oblivious to the use of 'menukey' hence I never saw all those options. Does menukey get used in other contexts too? I don't recall reading this in the manual.

RObert

20. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    you will find that in most areas of the UI, the menukey will bring up options that are related to the context. just look for the menukey symbol in between the softkeys in the menu.

21. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  22. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    question 1, MP3s. gotta use the software attatched to edit you wav's or mp3's... blah, silly me

question two. bluetooth. special shout out to MOTOROLA here. see when i want to send someone something.... i choose SEND, i mean.. thats the patter aint it??? i want to send someone something? plain english. i dont funkin expect to have to use the word MOVE. MOVE? Move yer back end motorla eh? get with nokia and sony, or lack behind in the market...

23. shes_a_star

shes_a_star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

i really want to use lots of swear words there but i wasnt sure if they were allowed on this board..

but by jeezus, and flippin hell, motorola need a good god damn sortin out for their funkin firmware!! :devil:

lesson learned: as much as i like this phone.. buy Sony, always buy Sony.

24. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    send/copy = copy item to the device (ie keep a copy on the phone).
    move = move item to the device (ie removing that copy that is on the phone and send to the device).

its common sense. do you have a problem with understanding english?

uh!? my correct advice is NEVER EVER BUY A SONY ERICSSON. they are unreliable, badly designed, and the UI misses out too many important features. SE have far higher returns than any other brand. thats why they are the least best selling brand in the top 6 and are losing market share. look at the k600 - the UI is still the same poor one thats on the k700i. the megapixel camera is worse than some vga's.

25. podg69

podg69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah they have there flaws but still Some Sony are Sweet but come on... Nokia are Still the Kings. Mind you I was kinda worried about them at one point. Saying that we are talking serious ownage from the new Samsungs!!!!

We have a little saying in our Store 'If they want an O2 Prepay without a camera, sell them an X2'. So theres always something worst hey? (Unless it's O2). And Don't get me started on the X3's claim to a 1.3er!

26. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    the x3's camera is really poor, but i bet its not as bad as the one in the k600. SE have only done 1 phone thats got a decent cam, and thats the s700i. the only reason why that is is because the majority of the cost of the 'phone' went into making the CCD technolgy as used in the camera. the phone itself is dire. the cam on the k750i looks pretty decent, but still not up to 2MP standard.

27. lisad

lisad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone help me i`m getting really cheesed off with trying to load my mp3 on mototrola v635 from music from p.c someone please help.

28. meta1

meta1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mobile PhoneTools just doesn't seem to work for me either, not sure if its just me but a lot of people sound like they are having problems with it.

29. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    the software aint written by motorola, so thats part of the problem. all of the problems with MPT are caused by incompatibilities with drivers, windows, and windows service packs.

30. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed MPT - There is an option for "Express" or "Custom Installation" - selct custom and you can install the software where you like.

I couldn't find an option to install the software from the initial flash screen but simply going into cd drive\mptools\US\setup was an easier option.

My wife took delivery of a 545 last month and my son has just got the 635 a couple of days ago through an O2 upgrade. The 545 came with no extras, but the 635 came with a bluetooth headset, USB cable, dual charging cable (to charge phone & headset at same time) and software - excellent package :D