Motorola V3i / TomTom 700 Will it work?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by 1 GND, Mar 13, 2006.

1. 1 GND

1 GND

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have just had my V3 pinched in Hong Kong and would prefer to replace it with the V3i, but previous post suggest no one has ever successfully paired one with TT700.

Just wondered as a few months on (new software updates etc).... if it can be done now? or should I stick to the V3?

Would appreciate any help as back in UK and need to get mobile again !! :lease:

2. 1 GND

1 GND

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well no one knew, so bought a V3i to try (on sale or return) & NO doesn`t work.:thumbsdow

Tom Tom and Orange, O2 etc should get there acts together and have full and up to date compatibility lists available for every phone as it comes out as would save everyone a lot of grief.

3. IanS

IanS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    TomTom do have a list of compatible phones - even if the phone has been out for some time, if it's not on the list then assume that it won't work.

http://www.tomtom.com/phones

4. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    To be fair it's not the networks that need to sort it out. It's the companies that make the phones. eg Nokia, Motorola, Samsung etc

5. 1 GND

1 GND

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You`re right as the phone manufacturers should be working closely with Tom Tom etc to get compatibilty.

Tom Tom should produce a current guide which is fully up to date (inc` phones that are less than a year old !).

Orange etc should have all this info at there fingertips. (for what it`s worth they told me TT compatibility is causing them a lot of problems and they are looking for the answers.)

If all of this was available we wouldn`t have to scratch around like this for the answers as they should do it for us.

6. IanS

IanS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    See my previous post - it IS available on the TT website :)

7. 1 GND

1 GND

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    IanS, I`m not missing your point (have been using TT site for months) but think you`re missing mine (it doesn`t list the latest phones).

For example do i now buy V3x, as according to your reading of TT site it won`t work, yet have read many posts that say it works 100% fine with TT.

Can you guarantee it will or won`t work, my guess is not for sure and that`s what I`m saying it`s not easy to know other than trying/buying the phone to test.

For me the real onus is on TT as it`s there product and there site should be more up to date.