1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V3 screen problem

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Monkey99, Jul 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Monkey99

Monkey99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know if anyone can help.. have a V3 and all was fine! But this morning when the alrm went off I pressed snooze, as usual! But when I got up I noticed the screen had gone completely white, and the phone was unresponsive - only way I could get it to switch off was to pull the battery - when I did this and switched it back on the screens are both blank and showing no display - is responding on to the V3 tool and seem to be able to switch it on and off. Still makes the right noises!

Anyone any idea of the problem or is it more terminal - not sure if its still under warranty at the minute :confused:

Thanks

2. Monkey99

Monkey99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the phone itself does definitely work.. I have manged to get it onto the network, made and recieved calls! So it is defintely just the screen that doesnt work - any opinions on whether replacing this with one off e-bay should do the trick or is it possibly something else?

Thanks

3. yaserk99

yaserk99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    **** Phone

4. rimmep1

rimmep1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    It sounds like the LCD connecting ribbon has detached. Not all that common, but have had experience of this myself on a V600. If I were you, I'd check if you've still got some warranty left on it. I wouldn't recommend attempting to repair it yourself as the ribbon can easily become trapped and torn if the handset is incorrectly reassembled.

Moto UK are usually quite good at dealing with warranty claims so you shouldn't have any problems. :)