• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Motorola V3 RAZR - Phonebook SIM Card Multiple Listing

P

PsychoGTI

Hello,

I have multiple entries showing in the phonebook on my Motorola RAZR V3, all of the phone entries, and all of the SIM card entries. How do I get just the phone saved entries to show, anyone have an idea?

Thanks! This problem is driving me a little nutty.

Lewie

Distinguished Member
I think you will have to delete one set manually!
When you put the sim in it probably asked if you wanted to copy all entries to the phone hence double entries

simon100

Established Member
I had the same problem.
The phone shows records saved in both the phone memory and sim card and I could not find anyway to only list one apart from deleting the sim card entries.

I am sure that there is a fix out there somewhere, just couldn't find it and the manual is pretty useless for a lot of things.

C

callag11

A workaround to this problem is to edit all your Phonebook entries so that they have a category of Personal (the default is General). Once this is done go the the Phonebook Menu > Categories and select Personal only. Only your Personal Phonebook will show up. If you want to see SIM entries just select All.
This is handy if you want to retain a copy of all contacts on your SIM for SIM backup as provided by my mobile operator.

Bimbeemer

Established Member
Another way would be to use the phone tools software manager thingy to load up all your numbers and then tidy it up and then sync it back with the phone.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom