1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V3 or Samsung D500??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by SimpleStevie, Aug 17, 2005.

1. SimpleStevie

SimpleStevie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My contract is just about to run out with one operator, and so too does the discounted line rental that I have been getting for the last 12 months.

I have been looking around for other offers available and the best I can find for my needs is on O2 with 50% reduced line rental of £15.00 per month for the entire 12 month contract. The thing is that I can either have a motorola v3 or a samsung d500.

I really dont know which one to go for, I have heard that technically the D500 is the superior phone but then the V3 looks really really smart. Now I want to have a cool phone to whip out of my pocket in front of my mates, but I also want one thats not gonna die on me or go wrong. I like the size of the V3 as I usually keep my phone in my trouser pocket and big phones do tend to stick out a bit!

Someone help me, really am confused as to which one to go for. HELP!!!

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Can you not opt for the new Sony Ericsson W800i?

Beats both of those phones hands down.

I currently use a W800i and a Samsung D500. Previous phones include:

Nokia 8910i, 6600, 7610, 8850, 7650, 6230

Sony Ericsson S700i, P800, T68i, K700i and many more.

The V3 looks lovely, but has awful memory capacity, and motorola user interfaces are just sooooooo annoying. I was tempted with the V3 a while back, but was warned off it by other owners and went for the D500 instead.

The D500 is a VERY good phone, but remember to switch off the tones, by default they switch all the tones on, and the phone bloody beeps or makes funky noises with EVERY action or notification, get's annoying so I just switched off all the tones apart from the ringtone and message alert :).

Camera on the W800i is the best I've seen on any of the camera phones so far too.