1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V3: Connecting to Internet and O2 GPRS Problems

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Saint-Just, Jun 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Saint-Just

Saint-Just

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm new here so sorry to bother you if this question has been dealt with, but I couldn't find anything specifically related to my problem so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I received my new Motorola V3 yesterday, and have been quite happy with it. Its on an O2 monthly contract. However, when I attempted to launch the browser it gave me the message 'connection failed, try again later'. I then went to the O2 website and got them to send me the WAP settings required for my fone. After I received that I updated the Web Sessions and choose the new 'O2 WAP GPRS' option as my default, however whenever I try to connect to the net through that it tells me 'Browser Setup Incomplete', and when I select the setup option I am taken to the page where you enter such details as 'Gateway IP 1' and 'Service Type 1'. Some of these fields are filled in, but many are blank and I am unsure as to what I should do.

Can anyone offer any advice? Someone mentioned to me that I might need to make sure that GPRS is activated on my SIM but how would I go about doing that?

Cheers

2. ady33

ady33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very interesting. I got mine yesterday and have the exact same problem. Spent a long time on the phone doing manual IP settings and the text message update method but no joy. The shop I got it from are unable to get it going and the my local o2 shop were unable also.
    I wonder if any others have the same problem
    Regards Ady

3. SPURS1882

SPURS1882

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Guys

Just go www.hellomoto.com. and enter your country.

From the home page, go to operator settings and click on it and Bob's your uncle.

Hope this helps!!!

Michael

4. ady33

ady33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TNX for the message. I managed to get the text message to my phone but when I tried to update it gave me a very quick error message and the text message was then gone. The error message was very quick and I was unable to read it. One thing I was not sure about was the post pay or pre pay option for the settings?? Any idea.... Many thanks Adrian

5. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Although I have Vodaphone as my service provider I yesterday received my V3 from O2 (my wife's contract is with them), I had problems connecting to Vodaphone Live even after phoning them to send me the set up file, but after some time with them talking me through the set up all is well. Seems to me that the best option is to get the service provider on the phone and let them send you the set up message and talk you through installation.

Very happy with the V3 - only problem I have is that I like to have my contacts on the phone and SIM, the trouble I have is setting the phone book up to show only the contacts on the phone (I just use the SIM as back up), any ideas (I've already set the as primary contacts but this still leaves the phonebook showing both sets)?

Cheers

6. wendyinuk

wendyinuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a V3 phone with 02, (contract) and cannot get mm messages or connect online, even though I went to the helomoto site, now I am getting a message saying something about exceeding my limit, I did not get to see all it said as it only flashed up quickly

Hope someone can help me

Wendy

7. wendyinuk

wendyinuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just like to add, it works ok now, all I needed to do after getting the settings was switch off and on my phone, (duh lol)

Wendy