Motorola RAZR2 V8 Short Review

GateCrasher

Ex Member
Reaction score
Ok not long had this phone but so far so good,

The Build Quality is Amazing probably the best built phone i've seen so this isn't gonna fall apart like a nokia.

The UI being Java/Linux is very good, alot of people hated the earlier UI on motorola phones well this is deffently a big improvement, its all a bit early days when it comes to this so themes and applications etc etc are not really avaliable at the moment but the phonebook, messaging, and everything else already on the phone is very nice.

Although if you get this on the Orange Network like me you will be stuck with orange branded UI and the Orange sidebar, well until we can change the themes.

The Design is excellent this is deffently the best looking phone i've seen, the only downside being it really is a fingerprint magnet but a clean once a day or so gets it all shiny again so no big deal.

MP3 Player is Very good and the supplied earphones are also good the touch screen buttons work well and so does sync with windows media player 11. And the Loudspeaker is very loud and very clear.

Then we come to the "Talking Phone" was not expecting much from this but it is actually quite funny will read anything though so use your imagination :rotfl:

Overall am very happy and impressed with the phone sorry for such a short review if anyone has any questions will be happy to try and answer them.

What is the camera quality like?

Camera Quality is average as its only a 2mp with no autofocus or flash.

A Sample at phone resolution i took today..

V8Photo1.jpg

The Video Recorder can record for hours contiuously.

My personal opinion is that its far too big, has some silly bugs and niggles and is poorly specified (2mp camera, no memory card slot).

Ive got one home from work just now and have been using it for a few days, gonna switch back to the N95 for next week i think.

My personal opinion is that its far too big, has some silly bugs and niggles and is poorly specified (2mp camera, no memory card slot).

Ive got one home from work just now and have been using it for a few days, gonna switch back to the N95 for next week i think.

big ? lol coming from someone who uses a N95 thats a joke its 2mm thiner than the original razr and only a 1mm or so taller when opened.

Silly Bugs like what? N95 uses Symbian which has been around for quite a while but is still very buggy and this uses java/linux much more stable.

Poorly specd? why did u buy it in the first place and then complain the camera is only 2mp which is fine for most people, same with memory card slot ?.

this phone, well motorola in general trumps nokia when it comes to Build Quality,Call Quality which are 2 of the most important things

N95 is a gimmick like apple ipod its poorly built especially for the price and the battery is useless.

big ? lol coming from someone who uses a N95 thats a joke its 2mm thiner than the original razr and only a 1mm or so taller when opened.

Silly Bugs like what? N95 uses Symbian which has been around for quite a while but is still very buggy and this uses java/linux much more stable.

Poorly specd? why did u buy it in the first place and then complain the camera is only 2mp which is fine for most people, same with memory card slot ?.

this phone, well motorola in general trumps nokia when it comes to Build Quality,Call Quality which are 2 of the most important things

N95 is a gimmick like apple ipod its poorly built especially for the price and the battery is useless.

I dont like the N95 either as it goes so jump off your high-horse.

I use a pearl day to day for work and have a second phone which gets changed every 3 months (N95's getting changed to the k850i in october). I also get demo phones for all the new models we sell as I work for a network.

You dimensions are well out aswell mate, its about 1cm bigger on the top flip than the original razr.

I'm a Moto fan and I've been looking forward to this phone for ages. I played with one and it is beautifully made and the screen is gorgeous, should be excellent with Opera Mini etc. The MP3 player looks the business too. So why haven't I bought one?

There's no memory card slot and the internal memory in the UK versions is a measley 512MB - for everything including games, photos, ring tones. If you record your MP3 files in anything like a decent bit-rate, I reckon you'll be lucky to get four or five CDs worth of tracks on it. In this day and age that sucks.

There's supposed to be a 2GB version on it's way, but who knows when.

As the MP3 player is supposed to be the star feature (touch screen feedback controls etc) I find this completely bewildering.

I've got a 1GB card in my ageing V3i and you can get at least a 2GB card in the V3x, so why the backward step?

I dont like the N95 either as it goes so jump off your high-horse.

I use a pearl day to day for work and have a second phone which gets changed every 3 months (N95's getting changed to the k850i in october). I also get demo phones for all the new models we sell as I work for a network.

You dimensions are well out aswell mate, its about 1cm bigger on the top flip than the original razr.

Actually its 5mm bigger on the top flip.

And as for the memory half a gig is enough for most people wanting to use this as a mobile phone, Other than that no mobile can replace a mp3 player anyhow because of battery for a start.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom