1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorised Satellite

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by chiwan, Mar 25, 2002.

1. chiwan

chiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I currently have the full NTL package with all the channels and telephone service which costs me a small fortune per month.

Can anyone tell me if it is worth investing in a motorised Digi-sat system and whether I could receive most of the channels that I currently get through NTL at the moment (hopefully free).

I know you can get European channels that show live premiership football matches etc but what about movies, documentaries etc. Would these be encrypted?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) you wouldn't need a motor, my friend had a system installed by horizon setellite of Basingstoke that points to both astras plus hotbird.

2) The channels will not be there, yep there is lots of stuff but you will not see everything you want. Note that you need a Sky box and a card (either paid or free from BBC), to watch BBC channels. Some BBC stuf is on other sats but not all of it.

3) What do you mean by free? If you are thinking of pirate cards you may be on a looser. Many chanels are about to change their encryption to stop this. So no more "free" footy for people soon.

I had NTL when I lived in Reading, I swore I would never use them again. ITV digital wound me up once too often (if you don't leave your box swithced on overnight on certain chanels you might not get to watch what you paid for the following night).

So much as I detest Mr Murdoch he is getting my dosh for now.

3. chiwan

chiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks matey

I guess I'll keep giving my money to NTL then.