Motorised dish/superjack V box wiring problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by daione2, Jun 9, 2015.

1. daione2

daione2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had for many years a 1.2m motorised dish, that my old EchoStar receiver had the capacity to fully function, before it went caput . I then bought a few years ago aTechnomate5402HD CI and had to invest in a Superjack V box that is in the living room which moves the dish . I had a seperate second feed off the Dish LNB that connected to another EchoStar 3000 receiver in another room although I couldn't move the dish I could pick up a fair amount of channels from whatever satellite the dish was pointed at,. Trouble is now my EchoStar 3000 has decided to go and meet its maker. My question is, and I hope someone out there can help please, before I buy another receiver (probably a Technomate 5402 ) is there any way of activating the dish from the second room or will I need a second V box and will I be able to run two V boxes to one motor? I don't know if its possible to split the V box with a second cable from my intended new receiver Help please!

2. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,176
    Replace the 5402 with a Linux based box, put the 5402 in the second room. When in the second room control the Linux based box via phone/tablet/pc to move the motor.

3. pedro2000uk

pedro2000uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,085
    I wouldn't try to put two v boxes together - the 36v polarity swaps +/- east / west & then there's the sync getting messed up .. you might get it to work with some mods

You could send just the picture / audio to the second room & use a remote sender or app to control it from the second room -

one satellite receiver/ one v Box / one set of channels & satellites / & you can view & control other devices in a 2nd room too such as DVD/ PVR/ BR/ IP box etc.. depending what method you choose to send the picture / sound & remote, IR remote control , some methods incorporate an ir sender too or use an app or a stand alone like the powermids - still work great ... used to use one with an ES 3000 years ago- still a good box for bigger dish moving with it's 5A psu

So many methods to send the picture/ audio to another room - RF via coax/ AV 3 wire / svideo/ AV x 5 wire RGB or Component / HDMI on a switch/ HDMI on a splitter/ HDMI over cat5/ HDMI over coax/ wireless AV- or svideo/ wireless AV with IR-RC sender/ wireless HDMI/ streaming.. ... mirror in hall & finally making hole in wall or floor to watch through ...

4. daione2

daione2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Pedro, I like your style, a man with a sense of humour! and thanks for the info about trying to split the V box.,We will give that one a miss, then. I agree about the old ES 3000 for controlling the dish, sadly they don't make 'em anymore for the European market. or so I was told. I used to contact Sateuropa ltd for help but lately the site seems to be down/suspended was the word that was used. anyway, thanks again for your help

5. daione2

daione2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Kevkbuk, I'll run that past my mate who will know the best way to 'gain' control as they say , cheers my friend