• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Motorised dish on pc

bigval

Established Member
Please bare with me here.....

I have a motorised 1.2m dish which is connected to a dm500 at the moment.
I want to move the dm upstairs and hopefully pop a PCI card into my HTPC which is in main room.

First question is what card can people recommend me that will take HD signals as well as all the SD ones.

Next question is how easy is it to install ? My dish has just been realligned so it is bang on. How do I get the PCI card to know what satellite it is pointing at? I hope thats a clear question :confused:

Is there any particular card that works better with cccam software? Its a windows based pc but I know I can set up the cccam on there using a VM.

Thanks for any help.

ChorleyMatt

Established Member
I'm by no means an expert on these things (you probably know more than me) but if you're hoping to drive the dish from the pc be careful as most sat tuner cards I've seen are only DiSEqC 1.0, including my Hauppauge Nova Win Unbelievably-long-name DVB-S2 thingy, or whatever it's called. I've also heard previously that the ones that ARE capable of moving the dish will put a lot of strain on your computers PSU - so get a big 'un.

Please bare with me here.....

I have a motorised 1.2m dish which is connected to a dm500 at the moment.
I want to move the dm upstairs and hopefully pop a PCI card into my HTPC which is in main room.

First question is what card can people recommend me that will take HD signals as well as all the SD ones.

Next question is how easy is it to install ? My dish has just been realligned so it is bang on. How do I get the PCI card to know what satellite it is pointing at? I hope thats a clear question :confused:

Is there any particular card that works better with cccam software? Its a windows based pc but I know I can set up the cccam on there using a VM.

Thanks for any help.

If you want my advice stay away from it mate its more hastle than its worth:thumbsdow

bigval

Established Member
Ok, I appreciate the advice mate,

I just saw it as a cheap way to make the most of the high def chans available on my cccam server.

How easy would it be jsut to swap it with a dm800? Much work to do? Or straight swap over to pick up sats?

Ok, I appreciate the advice mate,

I just saw it as a cheap way to make the most of the high def chans available on my cccam server.

How easy would it be jsut to swap it with a dm800? Much work to do? Or straight swap over to pick up sats?

If ou mean swap reciever over easy just make a not of your long and latt on the box and plu it in away you go, whats the cheap way?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom