Motorised 130" Projector Screen

nbat58

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good motorised screen (fixed not an option as this will be going over a 3.0 m french doors) for a lounge 6.0 x 5.5 m in size with white ceiling and magnolia walls? I have read many reviews and screen suggestions from across the pond but does not apply to the UK because of screens makers, suppliers differ.

Not sure what gain to get for my room or whether an ALR screen material would be better, I am after a 2.35.1 screen as most of my viewing will be movies.

I am thinking to get the Epson TW9400, not sure whether this is the exact one as the 6040UB that sells over the US or not, the 6040UB comes with an extra lamp and ceiling bracket.

The projector will be ceiling mounted.

There are loads of screens out there but not many at 2.35:1 that are motorised, as I found out late last year and earlier this year! A lot depends on your budget but I did eventually get one from HiViLux, a German company, they have an eBay store or you can order direct from their website. they do a 120" Motorised 2.35:1 (21:9) screen for a very reasonable price: link below: HiViLux | 21:9 motorized projection screen VS-Serie 120inch 265x149cm | HIViLux GmbH

Or if that is too small then you would have to go tab tensioned from them, here's a link for their 133" tab tensioned screen : HiViLux | 21:9 tab-tensioned motorised screen housing black square 133inch 311x132cm | HIViLux GmbH

They are quite a bit more expensive but keep an eye on their clearance section there can be some very good deals in there. I got the 103" tab tensioned 2.35:1 screen and am very happy with it.

I have just had a quote from a british company for a non tab tensioned screen for a screen International Compact Home Cinema Custom W x H=300x127 cm, this is made from a bright contrast 3D 0.8 screenint ALR material if I am not mistaken.

I think this will be custome made as they have quoted 6 to 8 weeks as their suppliers are not working currently, the cost of a non tab tensioned including VAT will be £1248.00 but I have asked for a quote for a tab tensioned equivalent and I'm awaiting a reply.

The price for the 133" looks very good, I should imagine this will increase the price further for ALR material.

The picture of the 133" (which is a perfect size by the way) looks like it doesn't fully retract into the housing or will this go further in.

You are correct that the bottom bar does not retract fully into the case but sits just proud of it, this isn't an issue for me as my screen(s) is/are hidden behind a pelmet, as i live in a flat I couldn't have an in-ceiling screen but these are available from HiViLux at a price!

Hi, Im looking at getting one of these screens, just not shore what one to get yet.. im looking at the 133" micro perforated one, or the acoustics transparent, cloth ... not shore what one would be better

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom