Motorhome TV

[email protected]

Novice Member
Hi folks, not sure what I am after even exists but here goes, new motorhome arriving soon, it will take a 32" tv obviously I want smart, with freeview and freesat but no dvd player. I have seen online you can convert most standard tv to 12v. Is this so? I currently have an expensive Avtex connected tv and to be honest it is the most useless tv I have ever brought, it is not smart in the sense of standard smart tv, but 'connected' so trying to avoid if possible, the cheap Ferguson and Cello makes are 12v but all have DVD player which will make the tv sit off the wall a ridiculous amount. Any help appreciated, cheers

camcroft

Deleted. As OP hasn't even bothered to check the responses since posting.

Last edited:

tvdavid

like this
Amazon product

Cello 12 volt 32" inch C3220 Traveller FS LED TV with DVD and Satellite [Energy Class F]​

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
A few TVs have 12V wall-wart supplies so, with the right connector plug for TV a 12V lead can be made up. Not sure that 32 inch will be commonly using only 12V, so mains inverters are an option.

My car has a 240V socket as standard - check out what you new motorhome comes with before buying bits for it?

Smart TVs will eat mobile data when streaming so an unlimited tariff may be required. Then you get the network coverage to contend with. Not many campsites are prepared for high wifi data rates from multiple users for video streaming yet.

Not many TVs support the Freesat EPG and are certified... so beware the free to air satellite tuners inside quite a few others.

(Avtex and Cello don't do freesat afaik? So DO do your own due diligence)

John Lewis list an LG and a Panasonic in that size with both Freeview and Freesat ... sadly both are mains only units.

NB these size TVs consume around 30-60 Watts 2.5 to 5 Amps at 12 V. A 110 Ah leisure battery would likely do under 10 hours of running time as you never try to completely discharge one.

A decent quality UHF TV aerial and satellite dish will be important for TV reception.

The latest video from AVForums

42-inch LG C2 OLED Review, DIY TV Calibration + Turntables for under £500 + AV/Hi-Fi News & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom