1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP kicks it!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Azrikam, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spent all weekend listening to the scream of bikes as I rented MotoGP for the XBox. Truly an amazing game. I'm normally not a fan of motorcycles, or racing games, but this is one solid title.

Took a little while to get the controls down, because they give you so much of it. You've got independent control for front and rear brakes, and you can also shift the weight of your rider forwards or backwards. The result is a very deep control system, which gives you an amazing sense of being one with the bike. The blur-effect also gives you a real sense of speed.

Add to this incredible graphics, GP license, the ability to use your own MP3's for background music, cool wipeouts, and a bunch of extras, and the end result is £40 missing from my wallet. :) Unlocking the cel-shaded cheat is worth playing the game in itself.

Sorry to gush, but after being disappointed in many of the games that I've played lately, (Agent Under Fire, for one) it's good to see a really good game come out for my favorite system.

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Agree completely!
    Glad you enjoyed the game so much Azrikam, now what you need to do is get along to Donnington on the 14th July and experience it for real, awsome spectacle, C'mon Rossi :D

3. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although I've never watched an entire race before (live or on TV), I did enjoy watching the unlockable season highlight clips in the game. The developers must have finished the game, then jam-packed the disc with as much FMV as they had left over.

I might have to start watching now, as I'm starting to get used to the names of the competitors. Although now it mostly consists of "there's that Biaggi b*****d that clipped me last lap. Time to drive him into the dirt." :D

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,528
  5. EffTee

EffTee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It's a superb game - like you say, there's a real sense of being onboard while you thrash around the various circuits.

Has anybody tried it online yet, using XBconnect?

EffTee

6. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Stuart
    I remember watching it live and then watched the repeats over and over and I still can't figure out how he managed to catch it :eek:

7. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I didn't know better, I'd think that clip was a fake. I bet he had to wipe down his seat after that one. :)

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Easy balance and experience, it only took hold a little :)

9. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    he said afterwards that he meant to do it.............typical Italian!

Foggy RULES!