MotoGP 2011...Aragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to go see Fastest, but on checking cinema times, I appear to have missed the 2 Glasgow showings. Looks like I'll need to wait on it being released on DVD now.

With hindsight, I'd have preferred to wait for DVD release too.
It only showed in Aberdeen Sunday night and last night.
Reasonably well attended though.
The film is very Rossi-centric.
Rightly or wrongly, I expected a more neutral/overview film.
And it can come across as condescending if you know about bikes/MotoGP already.
Like he's trying to cater for newcomers, who aren't going to bother with it anyway.:confused:

Last edited:
The film is very Rossi-centric.
Rightly or wrongly, I expected a more neutral/overview film.

I thought it was weird that the poster from it has a picture from this year with Rossi on the Ducati.

That and the fact that Lorenzo is not even on the poster yet the film is from the year he won the Championship.

That and the fact that Lorenzo is not even on the poster yet the film is from the year he won the Championship.

The timeline in the film jumps all over the place, to be honest.
It will jump from highlights of a race from 2010, to a crash from 2003.
I'm not painting a good picture of the film, that's not my intention.
It's not a bad film, just not what I expected.
Its commentary is too basic for proper enthusiasts (yes, we know they do over 200 mph on tiny patches of rubber....:rolleyes:) and if you watch MotoGP regularly you'll have seen most of the footage already.
I found myself waiting for something 'new' to come on screen.
Putting it basically, if the intention is to inform newbies of the attractions of MotoGP, it's good.
As entertainment for people already enlightened to MotoGP, it's a fail.

Last edited:
Well i woke up nice & early for this not the 125 or 600 just the main event as i will watch the other later, but it was worth it, all i can say is ... quite a dramatic race at Motegi!!

Have to say well done Chaz Davies :smashin:

Yup, well done Chaz.:cool:
When I heard rumours Paul Bird is entering a CRT team with a British rider next year, I wondered if Chaz Davies was one of the possibilities.

Chaz would be an excellent choice as would Stuart Easton is the CRT team going with the rumored Aprilia RSV4 motor do you know?

Chaz would be an excellent choice as would Stuart Easton is the CRT team going with the rumored Aprilia RSV4 motor do you know?

I know Easton is Paul Bird's 'pet rider', but he'd be a waste of time.
Umpteen chances, umpteen false dawns.
Pains me to say it as a fellow Scot, but I'm a realist.

As I see it, sensible options would be: (please note this doesn't take into account if they already have deals for 2012)

Scott Reading
Leon Haslam
Chaz Davies
Tom Sykes
Eugene Laverty

That's about it, as far as I'm concerned.
No Brit currently racing in the UK floats my boat.

Last edited:
I know Easton is Paul Bird's 'pet rider', but he'd be a waste of time.
Umpteen chances, umpteen false dawns.
Pains me to say it as a fellow Scot, but I'm a realist.

Easton and Byrne are the rumoured targets for Bird's BSB Kawasaki factory team he is hoping to field in addition to his MotoGP CRT entry.

As I see it, sensible options would be: (please note this doesn't take into account if they already have deals for 2012)

Scott Reading
Leon Haslam
Chaz Davies
Tom Sykes
Eugene Laverty

That's about it, as far as I'm concerned.
No Brit currently racing in the UK floats my boat.

Chaz has had MotoGP experience, I like Haslam but the BMW's electronics aren't doing him any favours, Sykes has done himself proud considering the raw deal he's received from Kawasaki.

In addition to your list, Johnny Rea can have the pace, but also has bad luck.

Kind of a demolition derby race wasn't it....

Pity that Rossi and Lorenzo had a coming together as it would have been good to see what the promising qualifying could have led to.

On the subject or riders and deals,let's hope Hopper gets a seat at Suzuki for next year.

In addition to your list, Johnny Rea can have the pace, but also has bad luck.

I know Rea's signed for Honda for 2-3 years, presumably with a MotoGp clause in there.
That's why I knew to discount him, not sure if the others have deals.

Leon's staying with BMW for 2012, but i am interested to see where Eugene Laverty will end up he's a top fellow & i really rate him also in addition to your list there's also Leon Camier will he stay with Aprilia after all he's not really had a good year getting sick really didn't do him any favours but he's another one i rate & would like to see get a good ride.

Laverty is a lesson to all British riders, IMO.
He took the decision to go to 250 GPs on an uncompetitive bike, rather than the easy option of staying in the UK.
He picked up experience and respect in the process.
Would his career be where it is now if he'd stayed in the UK and raced 600s?
Possibly, if he'd won the championship, but I still think it was his impressive 250 GP rides that caught teams' eyes.

What a finish to the bsb's!

What a finish to the bsb's!

Missed it :mad::mad: Saw race 1, but then had to go out!

Gutted for Hopper, he would have been champion bar the mechanical during race 1. Lets hope his reward is a Motogp contract with Suzuki for next season :smashin:

Hopkins' electrical fault couldn't have come at a worse time. I don't recall them having that problem all season until today.

I like hopper but was equally chuffed for hill

I like hopper but was equally chuffed for hill

I like Hopper & Hill too but take away the shootout BS and work out the 'real' points and Shakey would have won the title by 6 points from Hill.

British Supersport has been superb this year. None of this shootout rubbish and yet Seeley and Wilson end the season just a point apart. Shame there could only be 1 winner as there really has not been anything to choose between them all season.

Anyway, despite my feelings on the scoring system I am chuffed for Hill too, especially after last year. Not sure what happened to Kiyo this year though, he's been rubbish? :confused:

I like Hopper & Hill too but take away the shootout BS and work out the 'real' points and Shakey would have won the title by 6 points from Hill.

Exactly Metalhead Pete the so called shootout sucks big time IMHO & its runied BSB for true racings fans & turned this sport into nothing more than a spectacle i feel most for the riders who all know this.

Exactly Metalhead Pete the so called shootout sucks big time IMHO & its runied BSB for true racings fans & turned this sport into nothing more than a spectacle i feel most for the riders who all know this.

Yeah I agree mate it's pants as is allowing someone who has crashed out to limp back to the pits and get their bike hastily fixed so they slap on a set of qualifiers and go for an artificial grid slot for the next race. Apparently Shane Byrne made a comment along the lines of 'I scored the most points but didn't win the title?'. I hope the series organizers bin off this nonsense for next year. Having live race footage back on terrestrial TV would be nice too.

The man himself has joined Twitter, confirmed by his manager and Ducati: @ValeYellow46

Everything so far has been in Italian! Might remove him soon if it stays that way.

Everything so far has been in Italian!

Yeah, its a real shame that. I've been quite disappointed so far considering how good Valentino's english is.

I might try direct messaging him and ask for some english tweets :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom