Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

moto GP2 - i have my copy!!!!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by hulkhead, May 15, 2003.

1. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    my copy of motogp2 (xbox) arrived this morning from gameplay.co.uk. Looking forward to a few races with anyone.....

Shame i cannot play it until late tonight. I will update with first impressions.

Anyone else got theres yet?

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Not yet i might go get it tomorrow & give you a race sometime:)

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any comments yet? Knowing me I'll probably get it in a month or so but I'd like to hear what it's like.

4. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hi paiger

I got it lastnight, first thing is the handling it's like a dream nice & smooth very fast bikes.
    Great new edits for your custom bike, takes longer to build the bikes as there are more points to get this time.
    it's got new tracks new bikes ect:
    also when trying to set new lap times there is a new red clock under your time for that lap & every time you go off track it logs it in the red clock & if you have been off track for longer than 5secs the lap time doesn't count which is good.
    so i would say go get it & i'll see you on track :smashin:

5. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just picked it up in Game but not sure when I'll get a chance to have a go. Maybe later tonight. Busy weekend coming up which is a shame.

6. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I agree with you there. Some of the training tests are a bit more tricky. Also when you play on live it also display each players ranking next to your gamertag. So you now know how good the other riders are. Which is a plus or a minus depending on your point of view.

7. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Yep agree with above comments.
    First impressions are very favourable. The bikes certainly handle differently and the "Career Mode" is definitely a challenge :eek:

I've not been online yet as I'd like to increase the custom bikes' credits so as to at least try and be a little competitive.
    Another nice touch with the credit system is the ability to now swap them between braking, cornering etc rather than start another custom bike :)

Only minor gripe I would have is with the music, bit too Smashey and Nicey "Let's Rock Mmmate" for me! :p

:)

8. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a bit of a play and I prefer it to the first. The bikes feel 'heavier' if that's possible but also more predictable, like a real bike would be. I like the way you can back out of a fast bend and lose a bit of understeer without heading straight for the inside railings! Also, going off the track has more penalties as you generally get bogged down or wipe out.

The training mode is indeed tough. I think it would be wise to get a better bike by going throught the championship first. I got to the skid pan and just couldn't do it with the bike I had despite being flat all the way.

Went online briefly and noticed I was 1155th in the world but I have yet to unlock all the tracks due to lack of time. May have another play today. Some great new tracks on there.

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yeah i have a 32-23-36-36 or something like that :rolleyes:
    I have 1 more thing to do in training "Hold a Corner" & for some reason i just can't do it :mad: plus i've got 2 more challenges to do on the season mode but i should be able to do them.
    all in all this is a good game & i'll have to do 20 laps on each of the new tracks to get them down like the others.
    Once my bike is ready i'll see you all on track but you pro's will have to give me a chance at first :) :smoke:

10. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hold a Corner, what a blighter. I can't even do it on Rookie yet. I've just started the championship on Pro so I'm gradually building the bike. I think I'm about 20/15/20/20 or something so far. Looks like 50/25/50/50 is the quick setup to get.

Just not enough time to play it.

11. knoxy

knoxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    wahoo! should be getting mine any day now - loved the first one and by the sounds of things, this one's even better!

didn't really know what i was missing with moto gp - the demo disc sat unused for sooooo long until i played it for a couple of hours live.

i'm not even that into bike games fullstop but when playing live, this game is just suuuuuuuuuperb!

roll on #2!

12. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    "Hold a corner" who the hell thought to put the timer that low :devil:

Good game though even if it does seem incredibly difficult at times.
    The bikes are certainly faster, I was only 2 secs off my pb for Mugello with a 12-13-12-12 setup.
    Now on to the second season and the 50-25-50-50 seems like a long way off....

13. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    So what stats has your bike got now spikey?
    As you must have more points than 12-13-12-12 is you on season 2.

14. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Yeah have a few more now.
    I think it's 27-23-27-27 but I still haven't completed all the training, struggling with the one mentioned above and the 360/180.
    There are a few challenges still do do as well.
    Figured it might be easier to try several races in Season 2 and go back?

15. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Nice one you'll have my stats soon :) but the races i tried on hard yesterday p***ed me off the AI bikes kept knocking me off.
    I thought i was back on live for a min :rotfl:

16. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I reckon it's a case of working through it. You need a better bike to do the last training bits. I'm on Pro season and up to Mugello having won all races and done all challenges so far. Think I'm about 25-15-25-25 or something.

Must say, I prefer the new Le Mans track. Did they just get it wrong last time?

17. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hey paiger
    I bloody did i got off the "Hold a corner":clap: so thats everything done now:D
    But i still have to win the races on hard ect :( i should have the bike ready in time for Moto Gp3 :rotfl:

18. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    for now i have given up playing career (have finished pro though)due to the AI bikes knocking me off at every bend. Still have a few challenges to complete including 'hold a corner' and the 'salom and 180'.

As of last night I was ranked #223.

I like the distribution of credits option.....

19. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're doing well mate. I find the AI bikes knock you off too. Usually if you have the inside line, it's the other guy who comes a cropper but not this time, always you!

What do I have to do to unlock some of the faster bikes and Sheridan? My bike is coming along but I'd like a 'Rossi' to race on live for a bit.

20. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    in the track selection screen if you highlight sheridan it should say what you need to do to unlock it. I believe you have to complete all challenges.....not sure about the bikes though

21. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got it last night and went from being average playing Moto GP 1 to being shocking on Moto GP 2. Oh well it's a good excuse to keep playing it.

Won't venture near Live until I get a lot more practice in and can stay on the bikes for more than 100 yards.

22. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't matter as long as you have fun mate. Trouble with 'live' is you are comparing yourself to others all the time. I do a good lap and see the worlds best is 8 seconds quicker and it's pretty depressing. But I have won every race in the pro championship so I'm happy. The other problem with 'live' is that there are some nobs on there who don't see it as a game and get all narky on the mic. If somebody takes me out on MotoGP, I have a laugh. It's usually an accident and racing is racing but some guys go all serious.

I'll never be great gamer and it's time I gave up trying. The fun for me is going on something like Ghost Recon and playing a valuable part of an operation, maybe demo guy or sniper. I just wish a good driving game would come out on Live so I can kick some ass.

23. ezg

ezg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well for me personally I hate Le Mans now (I dont really, lol)

Speaking from a viewpoint of having a 1:17 time (no I didn't take the grass shortcut) on Moto GP1, I loved the way that Le Mans was such a fast track where you could really push the limit in terms of powersliding and cornering.

Now it just feels all wrong, especially the first three turns!

You get such a false view of the first turn that you either take it too early or carry straight on and do a big massive endo in the grass :D

Saying that though, I do like the final four corners and I suppose a 1:20 time isn't too bad.

Must learn how to take the s bend faster though as I used to be able to do that in sixth gear in GP1.

Oh and I'm using automatic and the rc bike on this track, might see if the nsr handles it any better.

24. ezg

ezg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The other bikes are unlocked in stunt mode.

To get Sheridan you can do it the hard way or the easy way :)

Easy Way:

Find someone who has the track on live and get a laptime 1:26.00 or less.

This unlocks both normal reverse Sheridan for offline/time trials/single mode play.

Hard Way:

Unlock it by finishing Legendary on career mode :eek:

I did it the easy way :laugh:

25. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11

me too - i did it the easy way with a 1:21:xx on sheridan. did not realise that would unlock the track. Also weird that I did not race as a ghost even though the track was still 'locked' in the track selection menu.....

26. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got 'Hold a Corner' in training mode. What a blighter. I've just moved onto Championship season and struggling on Suzuka due to lack of practice on it. The bike is coming along now, not been on live much yet. Want a faster bike first.

27. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135

Feels so good when you cross the line on that one doesn't it?
    All that for 1point :rolleyes: :D

28. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, now watch my hard drive fail and I'll have to do it all over again.

S