Moto GP or any other driving game?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by furryfox, Dec 30, 2006.

1. furryfox

furryfox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi everyone. New to this 360 world, have got COD3, Gears of War & Sonic (for the kids) ;) .
    Would like a racing game, as i have my own bike am interested in the Moto GP game, but is it really worth it, or should i opt for a car racing game instead, and which one?
    Also which is the best golf game on the 360?
    Hoping to go live soon, will see you all on there, may need some help when that time comes........
    Thanks
    Pete

2. rowedav

rowedav
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,625
    Hope you are enjoying your 360 so far!

I was wondering the exact same thing the other day - I wanted moto gp but was also interested in other racers.

I went for Test Drive Unlimited in the end and I'm over the moon with it. The freedom you have and all the different challenges (both offline and on) is excellent. I've been playing it pretty much 3 days straight now and still haven't touched the online challenges.

Also, you can buy bikes in this game but don't think the 2 wheeled experience is as refined in this game as it is on moto gp.

Although I can't vouch for all the other racers, I would recommend TDU.

3. CeeJay775

CeeJay775

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    If your asking if MotoGP is good the answer is YES. If you love bikes this is the bike game of them all, racing games are plentyfull but depends what you want. Burnouts good for fun with your family, NFS is good if you like customising. PGR3 is good if you like a more pure racing on tracks experience. And the best golf game is Tiger Woods 07. Hope this helps:smashin: Also TDU is good for lots to do, but its not my favorite. Thats just my opinion on it, dosn't meen you will not like it. One last thing, welcome to the best console gaming there is.:)

4. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,791
    Moto Gp 6, PGR3 and Test Drive are all great in my opinion.

As for Moto being worth it, well it's in the PLay sale for only £17.99..!! Absolute bargain and worth every penny. Just give it time to get used to the control difference from car racing games and it is brilliant!

Link to the offer on Play.com below.

http://play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/848266/Moto_GP_06/Product.html

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,177
    MotoGp is a good game, a very good game actually. its just not a pick up and play sort of game as the learnign curve is pretty steep on the game, but put the hours in and you shall be rewarded

6. Praxidike

Praxidike
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I just bought MotoGP from play.com for £17.99, really impressed. I don't even particularly like bikes, and only vaguely follow MotoGP - I'm obsessed with motorsports, but only cars usually, but thought I'd give it a try, and it's excellent. I was really after a circuit-racing game, and this fits the bill - PGR3 and Test Drive are great games too, but I get bored of the made-up tracks.

7. kevlar

kevlar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I'm a big moto gp fan myself, can't recommend it enough. Assuming you have live, why not try a few demo's? there are playable demo's for almost every game out there and the moto gp demo is very good. My friends and I spent ages on that demo before the game was released.

8. Mattk84

Mattk84
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Moto GP's learning curve is flippin vertical !
    Dl the demo and put it to the test.Once you crack it,the game becomes very rewarding.

9. gunnerboy

gunnerboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Learnig curve aint the word !

I ride a ZX 10R in real life:thumbsup: - and by "gosh" - rather polite ? - the game is as real timing as can be - you get caught out very easily to start with. Too quick into corners for a starter:eek: - more play time - more like the real thing - go for it !!!!:clap:

10. Praxidike

Praxidike
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Yeah, I was shocked! It's the first bike game I've played, and I'm usually really good at (car) racing games, so expected to pick this up and immediately be fast like I am normally! I think that's why I like it though, it's different to what I'm used to, although after about 2 laps round Donington I started to get the hang of it.

11. kevlar

kevlar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I had far more fun with the extreme mode than GP mode. I think thats where a lot of people go wrong and find the game very difficult. Basically, if you want a sim like experience, coming off a lot and very frustrating, go for gp mode. If you want fast arcadey fun, play extreme mode. I played both but it was about 70/30 in extreme modes favour.

12. furryfox

furryfox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks to all. After reading all your very helpful comments, i think i will go for the Moto GP game ( after all at £17.99 you can't go wrong).
    I have tried the PGR demo, and that was quite good, but i need to go live, like you all said to test all the demo's available.
    This is another £100.00 for the 12 month subscription and the hardware. in for a penny in for a pound. See you all at donington or silverstone soon.
    Thanks again
    Pete

13. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,791
    Reading this thread made me want to play Moto all over again. Had a good session last night and loved every second. The game is brilliant!

14. Ewan154

Ewan154

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I can't recommend it enough as well:thumbsup:

15. furryfox

furryfox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks again to all. I have now ordered Moto GP from play.com ( £17.99), just been to PC World and collected my wireless adaptor, ( ordered on -line @ £49.99, collected from store).
    Converted my brother-in-law to the wonders of the 360 last night, and believe he is on his way out to get one too. My brother round tonight , so providing i can understand how to set this wireless thing up, i may see you on there soon.
    Cheers and a Happy New Year to all.
    Pete

16. kevlar

kevlar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    A word of warning to those getting moto gp, as great as the game is it has a few bugs. The worst one being losing your game save for no apparent reason. This happened to me twice, and to a lot of other people too. I recommend backing up your save to a memory unit at regular intervals, each time deleting the previous backup on the memory unit first. For some strange reason just over writing your backed up save doesn't work properly.

17. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Good choice with MotoGP a really superb game.

According to my 360voice blog its my most played game with 40 days racked up on it, however, I know I registered with the site after I bought MotoGP so the time I spent playing is actually a lot more...:eek: :eek:

18. furryfox

furryfox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well just had Moto GP land on my doorstep. Unwrapped it, put it in and played it. At first i was rubbish and now after a few laps i am just useless.
    But what a great game, different controls to any other race game, but once got used to really good.:thumbsup:
    Will go on line after i have practised abit, unless there is anyone else just as bad as me who justs wants abit of fun while having a beer, send me an invite and i will give it a go. I always thought Rossi was meant to be a good rider, but let me tell you that on my game he is s**t. lol :)