Moto GP & British Superbikes

Mylo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Live from Laguna Seca tonight is what should be a stunning moto GP :thumbsup:
Forget car racing, this is competitive motorsport at it's very best.
Anyone thats seen the track in real life on tv or on one of the video games will know it's pretty challenging, to say the least.

These guys are going to launch 250+Hp 1000cc motor bikes down the corkscrew and hopefully exit the other side :eek: which alone is worth staying up for.

Any two-wheel racing is worth watching - even tho' Laguna is not one of my favourite circuits. Must be one of the few left where local riders tend to have a distinct advantage. Even more so as this is the first time most of the MotoGP riders have been here. Only yanks & ex-world superbike riders in the field have been before. Hopefully it will be competitive, although Hayden's looking consistently quick. Annoyed there's no 125 or 250's there.

mylo said:
Live from Laguna Seca tonight is what should be a stunning moto GP :thumbsup:
Forget car racing, this is competitive motorsport at it's very best.
Anyone thats seen the track in real life on tv or on one of the video games will know it's pretty challenging, to say the least.

These guys are going to launch 250+Hp 1000cc motor bikes down the corkscrew and hopefully exit the other side :eek: which alone is worth staying up for.

must......stay....awake.......... :D
(playing wow till 0300 this morning)

Are you getting coverage of the AMA support races too? The Superstock race that's just been on was an excellent race, the control that the Hayden brothers have on those Kwaka's is outstanding.

Here's hoping the Texas Tornado can get a win and make his badger happy!!!

I'm suffering as well Den, spent the day at Snetterton watching the BSB.

Sun burn, don't you just love it :suicide:

not getting the AMA unfortunately, not live anyway. Was our boy Hodgeson racing?

My money's on the Tornado as well :thumbsup:

Looks like he crashed out on the first lap of yesterdays race. Race 2 is on after the Motogp. The minutes silence is a nice gesture.

Well done, Nicky. His experience of Laguna deffo paid off in that win. Good to see Edwards on the podium again. Thanks to Speed TV I only got to watch 20 laps of the race. They put in so many adverts that it just spoilt the fun, they missed so much action, and then towards the end of the race, within the last 12 laps they had ad breaks every 1 1/2 laps. Unreal. Oh how I miss Eurosport!!

We had too many adverts as well :(

Fantastic race though, that young lad has some serious tallent.

mylo said:
We had too many adverts as well :(

Fantastic race though, that young lad has some serious tallent.

I remember watching him in the AMA Series and he just blew the competition out of the water, even the mighty Matt Mladin.

I think they put ads on every 5 minutes. SO annoying.

Oh well, time to see how Neil gets on in the Superbikes.

I recorded it so will watch it later today. I must say that for the first time in my life I'm interested in bike racing, this is mainly due to watching the TT racing and the fact that F1 is so boring these days. I still enjoy watching the rallying, but you only seem to get 1 hour coverage of the whole event on ITV.

a new convert!
welcome to the world of REAL RACING! :clap:

mylo said:
I'm suffering as well Den, spent the day at Snetterton watching the BSB.

Sun burn, don't you just love it :suicide:
tut tut ,you should know better mylo :nono:
dam good racing tho,i think rutter was more hurt than he let on,any inside info??

My brother-in-law spoke to him Saturday evening and he was mighty p'd off. One collar bone is busted and the other is in one piece but badly bashed and really painful. The championship and the Audi are more important than a bit of pain though apparently:eek:
190mph down the hanger straight with busted shoulders, I always said he was a lunatic :smashin:

Still he's got a few weeks recovery time now.

You bike racers seem to have a magic ability to ignore pain when you need to, Emmet raced for weeks with a broken elbow.

I am having a bit of trouble believing rutter rode with two broken collar bones:confused: when i broke my collar bone my shoulder dropped about 6 inches and i couldn't move my arm at all.....unless i'm just a big Fairy?
Well done to him though if its true(big nads):eek:

If i was rutter i would have the x-rays of his fractures incorporated into a design on his bash hat:smashin:

as long as it doesn't cover up the sponsorship on the chin guard ;)

seriously though, the number of broken bones in the Paddock is scary, the supersport boys are all breaking their wrists this year.

Are the riders allowed to use strong pain killers? if not it makes his rides even more remarkable really.
Maybe found kiyo's weakness aswell, maybe he's not up for fighting to the front,just good at leading from the front?

injections as far as I know, but they remove all feeling which must be really scary. Talk about trusting your machinary.

Kiyo is a machine of a rider, he defies physics. But is finally proving to be fallable which is promising for the entire field.
Power to weight seems to be one big advantage he has.
Some of the riders, like Karl Harris, are built like brick *** houses.
They can use this to muscle past through the smallest gap though.

believe it!

this is their job.

That corkscrew would be frightening on a pushbike, never mind one of those beasts they were riding :eek:

The camera footage from on the bikes was awesome - bloody frightening as well :D

Great wasn't it.

One of my healthier missions in life is to get everybody watching 2 wheeled motorsport.
Rather than that other dross ;) :laugh:

Heads Up !!

The BSB championship resumes tomorrow at Silverstone. With Michael now hopefully fully fit he can try and extend his points advantage. Don't write off Emmett or Reynolds who are both mended as well :eek:

Top 6 qualifiers are:

Kiyo
Rutter
lavilla
Haslam
Thomas
Reynolds

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom