Moto G 4g version

No dates yet, if you google "moto g 4g" you'll get some info about it.

Whats the chances of this getting released within the next 2 months? Will I be safe to by a Moto G, Don't want to buy it only to find out it the price will be reduced.

Right now I'd wait until Tuesday, there's a motorola event in london on the 13th May and nobody really knows what they are up to next. Although evleaks are usually reliable and have posted omething about a moto g cinema:

Moto G Cinema leads a bunch of new mystery Motorola phones | News | TechRadar

Off the back of that article I'm thinking that it looks like it could be a refreshed moto g line up as there's a lot of people who would buy one if it had 4G or SD card support

Moto 3G Global 4GB ($179) - Same as current Moto G with 4Gb (maybe adding SD card?)
Moto 4G Global ($179) - Moto G with 4G 8Gb
Moto 4G Global ($189) - Moto G with 4G 16Gb

Even if I'm wrong I'd wait until Tuesday to see what they say, you could always get the current one then if this is wrong

So this is confirmed this morning that the 4g version is coming, with micro SD in tow too, apparently going to be £149 and released in weeks. Sounds like a fantastic buy

Despite its great vale for money i held of the original moto g because it lacked SD card slot so its good to see moto came to their senses and included one this time round.

If anyone is after the moto g 4g if you make a new email / tesco account and use this code TDX-PRKW (£10 off for first order) you can pick up the sim free version for £140 or the tesco locked version can be got for £130.

Wiil the £2 unlock codes on ebay work with the Tesco mobile version?

Wiil the £2 unlock codes on ebay work with the Tesco mobile version?
From what I read it will but you have to make sure the unlock code is for the 4g version of moto g and not the standard version.
For the sake of £8 i ordered the SIM free version, not that is seems to make much difference as tesco does not put their bloat wear on these phones but i prefer to have none tesco / stock rom as well.

I've been using the 4G version for a week now while my faulty S5 is back with O2 and I have to say I'm very impressed. Slicker than I thought it would be. It feels almost like a mini Nexus 5.

I'm considering keeping it and just lowering my line rental costs.

Any news on the 16Gb version coming out in the UK?

Picked one of these up from tesco at the weekend and it really is a cracking phone for the price.

Cost was £145 but got a double up on tesco club points, so £22 worth of points = £44 off the ticket price.

£101 for this phone is a steal, super happy with it. Brought it back to France, popped my free.fr sim in it and no issue at all.

Great phone for the money :)

What's the battery like on one of these?? I mainly use my phone during the day for music & browsing/Facebook

Good, I get a full days worth of use and its normally got about 1/3 life left, when I plug it in at night. That's a good few hours of music, bit of browsing, play a few games of solitaire, texts and calls.

I got mine last week and was not to impressed to start with. The battery would drain in 3 hours and it kept crashing. It looked like the media scanner had got stuck in a loop so I took the sd card out and did a full reset on Sunday and it seems fine so far, with no SD card in. I've ordered a new card so will report back when it arrives

Thanks guys. I've got a iPhone 5s at the minute but not that overly impressed with it. I'm having to charge an awful lot. Hence I'm thinking of selling for around £300 & going android.

I'm torn between paying £300+ for a Z3 compact or going for the moto g.

Am I right in thinking the only difference between the moto g & moto g 4g is the added lte & sd slot? Are the same size, weight & camera quality?

Thanks guys. I've got a iPhone 5s at the minute but not that overly impressed with it. I'm having to charge an awful lot. Hence I'm thinking of selling for around £300 & going android.

I'm torn between paying £300+ for a Z3 compact or going for the moto g.

Am I right in thinking the only difference between the moto g & moto g 4g is the added lte & sd slot? Are the same size, weight & camera quality?
depends on the moto g, there's now a new model floating about that isn't 4g but is slightly bigger and has the micro SD slot. Personally i'd stump up and go with the LTE one, the SD slot may prove useful and the 4G would be handy to have rather than not have, you can always not use it but you can't add it to the 3g version.

Z3 compact is undoubtedly the better phone, much better specs overall but do you actually need them, both are good value but if all you plan to do is use facebook and AVF the moto g may be enough at half the price, if however you want to play some games and take photos the Z3 would be the better bet

I think the new one would be too big for me I dont like the 5" screens.

I don't use my phone for gaming at all. I use it to get me through my working day so a few hours of music (spotify), some browsing, YouTube & facebook.

I may miss the camera on the 5s as its very good but if the camera on the moto 4g is adequate in day light I could deal with that.

It's £125 on tesco.com and I have a code to get £10 but I can't see anywhere that you add the code?

Hey, when I got mine from tesco they doubled up my club card points !!! So £10 = £20 off the phone, so might be worth popping into a store and ordering one from there. I ordered before 4pm and collected it from the same store 24hrs later.

Hth

Hey, when I got mine from tesco they doubled up my club card points !!! So £10 = £20 off the phone, so might be worth popping into a store and ordering one from there. I ordered before 4pm and collected it from the same store 24hrs later.

Hth
you can do that online using the clubcard page, it's a lot of pasting voucher codes though

That's cool !!! Buying in store was super easy though, person swiped my club card and confirmed I had about £20 worth of points, said that'll be converted into £40 discount and that was it :) paid up, came back the next day with my receipt and was out the door with my new phone in about 30 seconds.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom