Moto DTC6200 DVI to NEC WT600

SkiGuy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a motorola DTC6200 set-top box connected via DVI to my NEC WT600 projector, but I don't get any picture. s-video works fine, but I'd prefer a digital signal. It is passing a signal, it's just a plain black screen - no actual video. I know they are both hdcp compliant. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a motorola DTC6200 set-top box connected via DVI to my NEC WT600 projector, but I don't get any picture. s-video works fine, but I'd prefer a digital signal. It is passing a signal, it's just a plain black screen - no actual video. I know they are both hdcp compliant. Anyone have any suggestions?

Are you using a HDMI lead? I had the same problem with a sony amp. Dvi-d doesnt pass the correct signals back and forth via hdmi and if the set-top box is looking for these it won't display a picture.

That's my guess but I could be wrong. My solution was to swap my Sony amp for an Onkyo.

EDIT: Oh and I have a WT610 (and I think it's great!)

I'm using the DVI out on the 6200 and the DVI in on the wt600. No HDMI involved. When I hook up the DVI cable to my computer monitor, I get the incorrect hdcp error, but I don't even get that on the wt600, just a blank screen (not the no signal screen, but a blank picture).

Googled this error for you. Alot of guys in the U.S seem to be having this problem with their motolorola boxes too. Sounds like a firmware update is required?

Also they say that it may work using a hdmi to dvi converter cable. (this is the setup that I'm currently using from my PS3 to wt610)

Here is the forum link.
HDMI HDCP error with Onkyo receiver [Text View] - AVS Forum

Also some peeps on this forum are also discussing it.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/pioneer-owners-forum/905871-pioneer-sc-lx71.html

Hope this helps.
Wez

Last edited:
Yea. Looks like a definite issue with the digital out of the moto box. lame. time to call my cable provider, i guess.

I just got my wt600, but I haven't noticed any mirror issues.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom