Motion problems when editing...

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Dario, May 30, 2005.

1. Dario

Dario

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am playing around with my newly acquired Everio 500 (my first non-tape camcorder) and after solving several problems (finding out that I had to de-interlace the mpeg2 file) on my Mac, I still have a problem with the "motion" not being very FLUID. When comparing my DVD to the original recording there is a noticeable difference, the DVD's motion is not what it should be.

Is this normal?
    Have you guys experienced this before?
    Can it be corrected?

Thanks.

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not totally sure about this but, when you deinterlaced the file, you didn't change the frame rate from PAL to NTSC or vice versa? This could potentially cause issues with the 'fluidity' of the motion. Alternatively, when you deinterlaced, did you have to specify the field order of the interlaced video? if so, try specifying the other way round (you have a choice of upper field first or lower field first).

Actually, thinking about it, try the interlacing method first. I know that my Vegas manual mentions jittery or shaky video caused by the wrong field order, although I thought this only applied to interlacing and not deinterlacing (deinterlaced has a field order set to none).