Question Motion judder,I thought it was just plasmas

_Dragon_

I didn't think you got motion judder on lcd tvs? When i say motion when you have a slow moving scene panning across the screen,I thought it was not good to have intelligent frame creation turned on? The panasonic tv i have makes the judder look really bad when watching sky on some films.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
motion judder is worse on lcds, but i can happen on any tv.

_Dragon_

I never knew that, Something learned. So is it generally not a good idea to turn on the intelligent frame creation? if you want the picture to look as perfect as can be.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
It depends on the individual, ifc can cause other issue and soap opera effect, but it can help sometimes but not always, i use it for football and it helps smooth that out.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
As Scott says "It depends on the individual"
The generally accepted view is to have it switched off to see films as intended.
Personally, I don't care what was intended. I find the judder/double imaging intolerable. Why should I put up with juddering panning shots that destroy all the detail in the picture when I don't have to, so I have mine set quite high and have a smooth picture 99% of the time. The process isn't perfect, so there are odd artefacts from time to time, but nothing that puts me off. I got used to the soap opera effect in less than 24 hours if I remember correctly.
In short, experiment. If you like it switched on, great. If you don't, that's great too. It's your TV and your eyes after all.
There is a very old, but relevant, article here The Big Judder Problem and the Overhyping of 24p

_Dragon_

Cheers,Ive had it turned off when viewing Sky HD,I shall do the same in the menu on the bluray player,Its not to bad i guess new tv so everything looks so different and stands out more.