Motion Blur

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Ajax, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Ajax

Ajax
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I posted a few weeks back with a problem I have with the picture from my HCPC. Whenever anybody moves it looks like they are blurring across the screen. I dont know what the technical name for this is but it's bloody annoying! It does it on my Panny AE500 PJ and also on my monitor (Non LCD). I am running a P4 3Ghz, 512mb ram, Radeon 9600 XT, ZP, Sonic Decoders, Reclock and Powerstrip set to display [email protected] on the Panny.

Please help. :lease:

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,210
    You'll want to do a search on 1:1 pixel mapping for the panny ae500.
    You want to mathc the native panel res and refresh rate of the projector rather than the format.

3. Ajax

Ajax
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I am using the timings as posted by NoDad on the LCD PJ forum for 750p/50Hz. I assumed this was 1:1 pixel mapping. The effect that I can see also occurs on my monitor as well. It's a very suble blur but it one that I can see none the less. Like in Gladiator when Maximus is about to fight the Champion, the camera pans round him and the stadium becomes a blurred mess. This also happens when he walks across the stadium his head starts to blur as he moves from side to side.

Ajax.

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,210
    Well if thats what 1:1 pixel mapping is for this unit and matches the refresh rate of the panel fair enough.The only other thing to check are that the correct ( best ) deinterlacing technique is being used by your software ( you'll want some sort of simple weave for 99% of correctly mastered film originated material and you'll probably have sort of bob based deinterlacer for video material but you may well have to manually select : auto-detection of cadence can be a little flakey at the best of times).

Also bear in mind all moving action does actually motion blur when captured to film and video in certain cases. If you want to see what non moblurred fast action looks like check out Saving Private Ryan ( most of the film) and Gladiator ( battle scene especially at the start). This is causes by having a very narrow shutter angle on the camera that minimises motionblur and action looks stacato and jerky. Its motionblur that actually fools your eye into thinking that fast motion on film is smooth .

5. Ajax

Ajax
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers for your help Mr D. I had a Denon 2200 Prog Scan DVD player before this HCPC as am near certain it did not blur like this. This is the main resaon that it bothers me I think. I've tried all methods of deinterlace but none make much of a difference.

Ajax.