Motion blur on TV when gaming on Xbox? (Tried several TV's now)

LostKiwi

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm dealing with a bit of an issue with TV's for gaming, and honestly I'm getting to the point of not knowing what to do about this. I'm currently gaming on an Xbox One S (last gen) console. I've been using an old (cheap) TV for years now, and never had any issues with it, it was a DigiHome 32278HDDLED, I got it years ago and it was cheap as chips, the lowest of the range type thing since I didn't have much money to spend at the time, but it worked a dream. Recently it got knocked over and the screen was smashed (RIP.)

So then my trouble began, I've gone through 3 different TV's, and experienced a motion blur when on all of them, two 32” TVs, one cheapish thing that I had laying around from a year or two back, and a brand new Samsung UE32T4307, both had awful motion blur, so I tried to do some research, stretched my budget (a fair bit) and invested in a 4k LG 43” UP77006LB, which LG actually recommended to me. And still a motion blur, this happens when I move or do actions in game, and it's not something I can just 'put up with' since it actually gives me a bit of a headache if I try and game with it.

My question is, what the hell am I supposed to do, I absolutely can't afford a higher budget, and I find it crazy that my old, cheap TV worked perfectly, when these newer, higher budget ones are so useless.

I have tried all the suggested fixes I found online and messing with the settings and can't get any improvement.

Can anyone please offer me some advice or help? I really miss being able to just switch off and get lost in gaming at the end of a shitty day. :(

Most new tvs have motion settings which I think you could turn off.
Actually, repost this (ir ask a mod to move it) to the tv forum. Lots of helpful info there.

Most new tvs have motion settings which I think you could turn off.
Actually, repost this (ir ask a mod to move it) to the tv forum. Lots of helpful info there.
Yeah I have tried turning off all motion settings, using game mode etc, really played with all the settings and still no improvement, thanks for your reply though.

It would be great if a mod could please move my post there.

Yeah I have tried turning off all motion settings, using game mode etc, really played with all the settings and still no improvement, thanks for your reply though.

It would be great if a mod could please move my post there.
Did you ever solve this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom