Motion Blur on Panasonic PX60 (50")

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Scholesy, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Scholesy

Scholesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi, I've had my Plasma for close to a month now, got it in Cinema mode and on really low settings for running in.

Ive noticed a little bit of motion blur, this is most noticeable when watching football on Sky Sports, (in SD, waiting for HD box prices to fall), but this is also noticeable occasionally on xbox 360 games. I sit around 10 feet away from the screen but dont see that as being the issue, it looks to me like the processing simply cant keep up. I had hoped this issue was just something that'd die down once the set was run in more but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Am i alone?

2. Punce

Punce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    How are you connecting it all up?

3. Scholesy

Scholesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sky = via rgb Scart, Sky box set to output RGB, xbox 360 via component cable in back of Plasma.

This isnt motion blur to the same extent as early LCD's by the way, but it is noticeable enough for me when watching fast panning on football etc. Im seriously considering sending this back as i can occasionally see the 'green tinge' effect too, although thats only because ive been looking out for it.

4. DJ Mike

DJ Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    This is something you're really going to have to get used to if you want ANY flat panel TV - with LCDs it's motion blur in all colours, with Plasmas it's motion blur with a green trail, with all screens showing the effect in various ways.

It's also possible that the green tinge effect will diminish for you with time - that might be because you get used to it, or it could be because it genuinely does diminish. I've yet to see any kind of definitive answer on this issue, so really I'd leave it till you've got a good 900-1000 hours on your Plasma at the very least - from the sounds of it you're not going to have an easy time sending it back if you've had it for a month already.

5. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,481
    its the nature of the tv/technology/source, afraid youll have to live with it

its more noticable on bigger tvs. and 24fps sources dont help.

try and get hold of a 720p50/60fps native source (not a film as its still 24fps) and you should see less of the blur