Question motion and clarity settings not per input/app Sony xf9005

cypher007

Established Member
Reaction score
ive found that the clarity and motion settings don't change when the TV goes into HDR or different input or app. the colour settings change. is this normal? as I don't want reality creation on for native 4K content as its already at 4K.

ive found that the clarity and motion settings don't change when the TV goes into HDR or different input or app. the colour settings change. is this normal? as I don't want reality creation on for native 4K content as its already at 4K.
Reality creation will (should) have no effect (or at least no negative effect) on native 4K content if set to auto because the TV isn't having to upscale the image and therefore that method should never be called. However I haven't seen the source code to know 100%. However I have noticed no difference on 4k content between reality creation off and auto hence why I've said its okay to leave it on auto :).

You have to setup your picture settings for each individual input on the TV. All settings on an input remain the same when changing from SDR to HDR mode except Brightness changing from what should be a fairly low value, to Max and also X-tended Dynamic Range changing from what should be Off to High.
I will admit though that recently, when watching sport I have been changing XDR to Low :p

I’ve been trying 007l2kill’s settings mixed with rtings. I’ve found contrast enhancer set to high on sdr seems better than using xdr.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom