motherboard upgrade ddr ?

lazerwhyte

HI i just got a good deal on a core2duo E6850 cpu and i thought my M/B a gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
would be able to upgrade but i din't reckon about the 1333FSB required
which my M/B does not suport and i am looking to replace with a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-086-GI&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=913

and i want to keep my Corsair 2GB DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Dominator Memory and then when ready
upgrade to DDR3-1066 PC-8500 can i do this on this motherboard or should i be looking at the
Abit IP35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
and maybe upgrade with another 2GB DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Dominator Memory

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-131-AB&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=913

any thoughts as i need to know a.s.p as i've sold my current cpu e6600 and have got to send to my buyer a.s.p
many thanks dudes

p;s anyone know weather these boards are HDCP ready ?

tinners

Novice Member
if youre happy with your current gigabyte motherboard stick with that brand. Personally I prefer GB to others I've used. That MB supports DDR2 & DDR3
The P5K range are also excellent should you want a change.

I dont think the Abit supports DDR3.

I personally would wait a while before thinking about DDR3. The price is ridiculous currently and performance gains not worth it ATM.

lazerwhyte

I personally would wait a while before thinking about DDR3. The price is ridiculous currently and performance gains not worth it ATM.

i was thinking about the Corsair 2Gb (2X1Gb) TwinX DDR2 XMS2 Dominator, PC8500 which runs at 1066 and isnt too pricey i can get £90 for my DDR2 ram on e-bay and upgrade to the PC 8500 for around a cost of £40 !

booyaka

keep your existing ram - no need to change.

it should overclock fairly easy and with the newer FSB of 1333 it also should help the ram.

Stick with what you have would be my suggestion

lazerwhyte

keep your existing ram - no need to change.

it should overclock fairly easy and with the newer FSB of 1333 it also should help the ram.

Stick with what you have would be my suggestion

Thanks buddy but which motherboard do think or does it not matter ?

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom