Motherboard input/output ports too deep in case

DeliciousCube

Standard Member
Ok so ive completed my gaming rig build everything works fine windows 7 installed etc , but i have one problem my motherboard is the asrock z68 extreme 7 gen 3 and my computer case is the nzxt phantom, it seems that some of my motherboard input/ output ports are too deep in the case , meaning there is a gap between the metal plate with holes for the ports and the ports themselves for this reason i can not use hdmi because it cant go in far enough to be recognised by the pc , howerver the ports below it are fine. How can i fix this?

DeliciousCube

Standard Member
I fitted the metal plate correctly from inside , turns out that even though the hdmi ports is so deep in it still works i just needed to use a dvi first and install some drivers , now my hdmi port is functional, thank you for replying to the post.

DeliciousCube

Standard Member
My motherboard is an atx , and i used all the holes labelled A to for my standoffs for my motherboard , they are also the farmost holes to the rear of the case , so they cant possibly be the wrong holes because there is no more holes that could let me get my mobo ports closer to the plate, maybe its just that the mobo and case arent very compatible, im happy that atleast it works now although the hdmi is really not in firmly, take a look at this picture see how the hdmi port appears to be furthe rin then all the other ports the hdmi in on the 4th cube shaped thing from the right http://www.asrock.com/mb/photo/Angle/Z68 Extreme7 Gen3(m).jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom