1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother blames school for her 3 daughters getting pregnant

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HMHB, May 23, 2005.

1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,753
    Story here - the mother says it's the fault of the school that her daughters aged 12,14 & 16 got pregnant as they have such poor sex education :eek: What happened to parental responsibilities ?

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,539
    I know, outrageous really. £31K a year in benefits!

I'm going to post the mother 3 industrial strength elastic bands for her daughters ankles!

3. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,790
    And what about the kids names?

T-Jay? :rotfl:
    Amani? :thumbsdow
    Lita? :confused:

This Mrs Atkins is quite simply an idiot if she thinks it is all the fault of the school.

4. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432

The Williams sisters, who live with their mother in a council house in Derby

are reported to receive £600 a week in benefits.

Mother defiant

Jemma was first to give birth, to T-Jay

Natasha had daughter Amani

Jade followed with Lita

Mrs Atkins told the Sun

"If I could turn back the clock, I would prefer them not to have children. Their education is so important."

Two of the girls are no longer in contact with their children's fathers.

C H A V S

Its always someone elses fault ..... one of the reasons we are going down the pan atm is that no one is taking responsibilty for their own actions.
    That woman wants putting in stocks in the town centre and have rotten vegetables thrown at her -- instead of the gutter press giving her cash.

5. themoid

themoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    i liked the fact that the eldest had already had an abortion and 2 miscarriages....not at all trying to get pregnant !?

6. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Jemma is the youngest at 12 but had T-Jay in February last year meaning she was 11 when she gave birth and could have been 10 when concieved. You can't even class that as a 'Teenage Pregnancy' can you ?

1 teenage pregnancy in the family - fair enough, things happen
    2 teenage pregnancies in the family - have you not learnt from your sister ?!
    3 teenage pregnancies in the family - Have you brains been removed and replaced by beans ?

Richie.

7. too_laid_back

too_laid_back
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is'nt it statutory rape under the age of 13???? :nono: Then again how can you charge the boy when he was only 13/14 himself!!! :lesson:

8. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432

what you do is charge the parents and put them in prison for criminal negligence

9. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +244
    When's the next boat to Australia

(for me,not them)

10. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    slappers & chavs says it all

11. too_laid_back

too_laid_back
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Wrong just wrong... how the hell did the parents allow an 12 year old, out enough to have a spend time with an boy!!.. :mad:

Also, if the eldest already had an couple of miscarriages, would'nt that ring some bells about havin an word with the other 2 :suicide:

12. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Methinks that without the financial "incentives" this situation wouldn't arise.

Great to see another worthy cause itching to spend our taxes...PJ :thumbsup:

13. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    spending the money on children is better than spending the money on missiles IMHO
    Until 150 years ago having children at 12-14 was the norm for working class families.
    Who is to say that the twisted christian morals of Victorian society are correct
    (they were: make the world British, kill all who resist, don't mention sex)

Make love, not war!

14. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Wouldn't it be cost effective and better for the children to be taken into care rather than benefits paid to the family. They've clearly demonstrated that there not fit parents.

15. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    It's always someone else's fault....never the fault of the parent(s),or the inability of those involved to say no.

Funnily enough,when school sex education really was poor(20-30 yrs ago)and benefits were a little harder to come by,this sort of thing(i.e.multiple underage pregnancies in one family)just didnt happen.

16. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432

thats all well and good ..... but there may be a slight problem with the makeup of the future population.
    If genetics have ANY influcence on intellegence and personality, we are going to have an ever greater percentage of our population being ' below par ' in the whitts stakes - add too that the social background of the parents and their 'character' and 'parenting skills' or lack thereof ( they didn't learn a great deal from theirs obviously ) and you have an ever increasing army of social miscreants claiming benifits and causing social problems.
    The welfare state was put in place to help out the poor from being exploited by the rich -- we now have a system where a large percentage of the lower echelons of our society are exploiting the middle ..... as well as the super rich exploiting the middle from above.
    Those trying to make a living can't afford the over inflated house prices because with all the tax on income, vat, fuel and everything else to pay for chavette baby farmers .... and they are also being told that now because of the looming pensions crisis, that they will have to work for longer into their elder years before being able to retire just to get a basic standard of living.

We all tut tut about it, but nothign gets done - these kids will still be able to get pregnant then claim benifits and get to the top of housing lists - and do so with us paying all the bills. Their parents will still get to complain about schools and not accept any responsability for the children they are RESPONSABLE for and get paid cash bungs from our gutter press for their story and 15 mins of fame.

I doubt there will be a banner underneath the programme tonight, but there should be saying:

' warning, these people are illeducated social parasites, please do not attempt this at home '

17. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Again, I think that the babies of these three children should be taken into care and the police brought in to investigate the acts of "rape" that have been committed.

18. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Personally speaking I wouldn't want these brain-dead, illiterate, parasitic vermin to have any of my tax money.

Mind you, I wouldn't give them air to breathe if I could help it.

19. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    You're spot on - it's classified as statutory rape up until the age of 16 (16 being the legal age of consent - but very rarely enforced AFAIK)

20. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    I am now a strong believer than NO benifits should be paid in cash.
    Tokens that can be redeemed in supper markets for food and clothing - no alcohol, ciggarettes etc.
    That children up to the age of 21 claiming ANY benifits should have it subsidised out of their parents wages / benifits.
    That anyone claiming benifits leaving the country for a holiday should have their benifits stopped for minimum 6 mnts - if you can afford to go on holiday you don't need benifits. Anyone caught defrauding benifits be made to work off every penny PLUS costs doing jobs no one else wants to do - made to live in military style camps and fed rations until its paid off.

21. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,017
    If there was no benefits would there be as much underage pregnancy’s. They are getting free housing and money to look after them.
    What’s more the kids most probably will turn out just like the parents and will be a drain on society which seems more and more the trend these days but the government will not do anything about them as it is a vote winner.
    I seem to recall one year in the budget child allowance went up £5 and pensions went up 50 or 75p. People cannot help but get old but parents do have a choice.

Seem like it was planned to me rather than a mistake.

22. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,753
    Story from This Is Derbyshire here

23. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

All I can say is.... :censored: me! :mad:

According to the above weblink, "Just weeks later Jade, then 14, and 16-year-old Natasha - who is in a secret relationship with the baby's 38-year-old Asian father - found they were pregnant."

what the fudge is a 38-year old man having a SEXUAL relationship with a 16 year old girl, and where the hell are the parent(s) in all of this?!

Maybe we should have a one-baby per family rule, like China does?! I know that's quite an extreme thign to argue, but something needs to be done to these Chav :censored:'s before our country descends even further into the bottom of the barrel!

Bloody Chavs! :mad: Maybe in stead of banning them from wearing hoodies, we could force them all to wear condom hoods instead! :rotfl: yet :clap:

Pooch

24. too_laid_back

too_laid_back
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bet this 38 yr bloke was having sex with her well before she was 16! :nono: He should be done for rape!! :mad:

25. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I hope you are not starting to talk about controlled genetic breeding of the lower classes, maybe leading to a "master race". That is the start of a very slippery slope that The American Eugenics Society started, and a famous German leader copied. Have you never heard of "reversion toward the mean"
    (for those who are too lazy to look it up, a genius will have ordinary parents and ordinary children)

26. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111

Whilst I agree that its a sorry state of affairs I find these sort of comments extremely unpleasant and overly reactionary.

I wonder if you take that attitude at anyone you regard as depleting "your" tax contribution.

27. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    I am saying we are going precisely in the reverse - breeding a 'disaster race' rather than a master race.
    And its not completely about genetics, but social conditioning - who are the people we want least to be having an impact on childrens formative years ?
    Its all well and good saying we have a baby shortfall for the future, but suplimenting that by encouraging the lowest common denomenator in the social and intellectual stakes to breed like rabbits via a biased social welfare system is in my opinion one of the reasons we have now and will continue to have the severe social issues on our towns streets - be it vandalism, assaults, theft etc.
    If you can't afford children you should not have them " . " - especially if you are not fit to look after yourself and be a productive member of society.
    I don't for one minute advocate negative 'Eugenics' - but I do worry that we are going down the reverse path.

By making a system where hardworking tax payers are holding off having children or not having children at all for socio ecconomic reasons - they can't afford the time or expense becasue of the cost of housing and taxation .... that goes to pay for all those people who are receiveing benifits 'many' of whom are doing so because they managed to get themselves pregnant and onto the gravey train.
    You can not deny that currently the system is being abused by people that have taken the position that if they have a child they can get out of the family home and into a council house on a high priority and have their rent paid for them as well as having a hand out ... albiet not that great, for the fact they don't have to go out to work its not that bad.
    For as long as we have a system that is geared this way - and that people can abuse it easily - they will - at the expense of the rest of us and future generations.
    Any child brought up in the kind of household where the parents have managed to secure a home and lively hood - that don't have to answer to a boss or clock in every morning is certainly not the best training ground for future citizens of the UK.
    But NOTHING has been done about it - we have escallating social order problems, street crime etc - what do YOU propose is the solution.

28. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Pretty much anyone that's just looking for a free meal ticket is fair game. I don't wish joblessness on anyone, but effectively engineering yourself into a position where you can live scott-free without lifting a finger is unacceptable in my opinion. I have a sibling who is in exactly this situation (single parent, raising children and not working one iota) and I feel EXACTLY the same way towards them. This isn't "over reactionary" - this has been my view on the entire situation for many years.

Sorry if you don't like my viewpoint at all, you're entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine.

29. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Well after the emotional reaction, we have to look for a practical solution. People are not going to be flogged, or sterilised, left to starve, or put to the sword.

So, the most prudent approach I can see is to remove the benfits incentive, although I don't think that these are the driving factor. Only a few calculate to become single parents on benefits in advance. More probably just assume that the state safety net will always be there.

I would therefore advocate, removal of babies from certain child mothers, or removal of both parties to centres where they learn parenting skills and perform some sortof useful function. If a person did not want to attend these facilites they could return home but lose any benefits.

Morals and religion which were used to control society from these problems in the past, cannot be re-introduced. But the removal of the percieved advantages of having a child at the states expense should be addressed.

Child parents and their parents should be held accountable. If appropriate, legal action taken. In other instances if parties do wish to attempt to work as a family unit then again, public works and parent skills should be taught.

Remove the handout culture. Remove the payment of cash benefits with the provision of cloth and food vouchers. Make the child parents learn the right skills. Make work mandatory to recieve state help. Some may even welcome the fact that someone witll help and teach them the things there parents never did.

I'm not advocating the demonisation of these groups but I certainly do think the options open to them should be controlled, to help them and send the clear message that such irresponsble behaviour is not benficial to anyone.

30. phillem

phillem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think something is wrong when this family get way more money to live on than me & my wife do. We both work 40 hrs per week, have done since we left school 30 years ago, neither of us have claimed benefits, been married 25 years, brought up 2 sons, yet we still don't earn as much as they are given from our taxes. I'm with Sadmuppet on this one.