Motel Hell Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
“There's too many people in the world, and not enough food. Now this takes care of both problems at the same time."

Free-lovin' freewheelers, far-out rockers, man-sniffin' cougars, whacked-out swingers and bureaucratic busybodies - they are all grist to the mill in Kevin Connor's blackly comic, cult redneck killing-spree, Motel Hell, from 1980. He'd only been in the US for about six months, but the Brit filmmaker had been hawking around his classic Amicus portmanteau, 1974's From Beyond The Grave (perhaps wisely leaving his rubber-suited monster epics, At The Earth's Core, The People That Time Forgot and Warlords of Atlantis under his Doug McClure-festooned duvet-cover) in the hopes of getting a Hollywood gig, when something came up that the suits thought might just be to his liking. With the trend for rural slashers already firmly entrenched in the cultural psyche, Tobe...

Read the full review...

Dax666

Standard Member
91dIgECZGsL._SL1500_.jpg

I have this U.S. Scream Factory edition of Motel Hell. I was thinking of getting the Arrow release also for my collection. Probably not much better than the Scream Factory edition. I guess I will have to think about this. Great review on the Arrow release!

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom