mot/tyre help

dj_padd

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know there is a motoring thread but I need a really quick answer so I hope this will be allowed.

Will this tyre pass an mot?

Can you see or feel any braid?

Tread is fine, checked that earlier, no I can't feel/see any braiding. it was the cracking of the tyre that concerned me as my mot is at 9am tomorrow and it leaves little time to sort it out.

I've only been driving since Feb and this is my 1st mot so sorry for being a bit clueless

Agreed.

Tip for you since it is your first MOT. Take the car to some where like we only MOT
You can't always trust garages that do repairs, to pass an MOT first time ;)

I would use something like that but I live in the middle of wales and have to make do with what's local.
The owner of the garage I'm going to is also my landlord so I will prob get screwed lol He did say he would give me a discount after all I already pay him enough every month

Tip for you since it is your first MOT. Take the car to some where like we only MOT
You can't always trust garages that do repairs, to pass an MOT first time ;)
You have to be careful but my garage does very good MoTs, even checked with me first before changing an indicator bulb to get it to pass because it was an orange bulb and the colour had faded.
If you do want a good garage word of mouth is the best route.

Refer to the MOT Tester's manual (it's available online) sidewall deterioration is not an automatic fail; cuts of a specific size, anything that causes exposure of the tyre carcass and obvious tread separation is a fail, superficial deterioration of the sidewall is open to the experience of the tester, and it will more than often be passed.

as a rule - get the MOT a good few weeks before it;s due - this'll give you time to get any repairs sorted etc...

I managed to buy a new tyre and get it fitted at 8.30 this morning just in time for the mot.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom