Mosters Inc US Version - So Who DOES stock it?

michaelm

Ex Member
Reaction score
In another thread, it is starting to get quite heated over the non-inclusion of the Special Effects track on the Canadian version of Monsters Inc.

This is (supposedly) included on the US version, but how do we know who is stocking it? We know Play and Future Entertainment are not. Movietyme like to tell us that they stock the US versions of some titles, but only occasionally tell us which ones these are.

I know it's the version I would like and I am prepared to pay a bit more for it (but NOT R2).

Hi michaelm!

Glad to see you joining in this debate!...I think that this is one subject that is long overdue a good debate as this situation is becoming more and more prevelant!

Lets get more opinions please!

SEE ALSO: Monsters, Inc. No 5.1 sound f/x track thread by John-D

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

Why do people want this SFX track?

Are you going to use it to create your own Windows sounds?

:confused:

1. It's called completion, ie the complete set as intended by Pixar (until the 5-disc super-duper edition or whatever)

2. I can't wait to hear my home dvd footage complete with Monsters Inc sfx. :D

That's why I'm going for the R2 well and I'm made of money.:p

Dear God...Squirrel God!;)

Thanks for the positive reply in the other thread, ........but.....

You Really Don't Get This Do You?

Let me state here and now.....this is not JUST about the FX track.

This is about protecting our consumer rights!

Why should an E-tailer be able to advertise one product & then feel that it is pefectly acceptable to send you a different product without offering you the opportunity to change your mind?

Make no mistake, If we, the consumers/customers let them get away with this without complaint or at least letting them know that it has not gone un-noticed it could well be the thin end of the wedge!...what next?.......Not got the Widescreen version?.......Oh send the Full screen instead! / Run out of Region 1's?.....send a Region 2 copy!.....or the DTS version etc etc etc.
Believe me, at this rate and without our standing up and being counted now, this scenario is an ever increasing risk, especially as DVD continues to move towards the kind of mass market product that your Great Aunt Agatha orders for little Johnnie!

P.S. Iv'e not had a total sense of humor bypass! I thoroughly enjoyed your "We need your help to wipe out this menace!!" thread which offers a nice alternate slant on this issue! :D .....Safe to assume your not French then!

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

Disc Emporium (www.discemporium.com) supply *only* R1 US discs unless there is a specific advantage to a Canadian version, and then they are exceptionally clear about this in their literature. I have used them for years and they are fantastic and fast.

They cost a bit more but I value their service and the fact that I know exactly what I'm buying.

KBDVD,

No need to give me the same reply you gave me on the other thread. I can read and I'm not an imbecile. Perhaps you should read my post more carefully as you have not answered my question AT ALL.

I understand the "I bought this and it's not as advertised" argument perfectly well and agree with it. I have been caught out like that myself a few times and have posted about these experiences on the forums.

Now I'm asking why anyone would want this track anyway. What ARE people going to do with it? They seem to care about it an awful lot that they now want to specifically buy that verison. So what are they going to do with it when they get it? Spend 90 mins listening to SFX? Sit there with their fluffy Sulley toy pretending it speaks? I thought perhaps people wanted to create some sounds for their Windows environment... But it doesn't seem so, so I still don't get WHY anyone would want this track.

Michaelm gave me the kind of reply I was looking for, even though I still don't see the point of it. In my mind, completeness is a wonderful thing in theory, but if you're not actually going to use what you're buying then there's little point paying extra for it.

I'm not joking. I'm genuinely seeking an answer because I'm bewildered as to the purpose an SFX soundtrack serves.

I have ordered this from Movietyme which I believe to be the US version. If not I'm not too worried as I agree with Squirrel God and won't lose sleep over the lack of an SFX soundtrack

Pictur Paradise Stock R1 US only versions but are VERY expensive compared to the likes of Play and FutureEnt. You wants your extras, you pays your money IMO.

Originally posted by KBDVD
especially as DVD continues to move towards the kind of mass market product that your Great Aunt Agatha orders for little Johnnie!

Unfortunately, as the uptake of DVD as a format continues, you will see MORE instances of this and other issues such as censorship of the films themselves as, unfortunatley, the majority simply don't care about such things.

Ask the hypothetical Agatha or Johnnie if they'd miss an SFX track... one thing's for sure, they certainly notice the £8 or so they saved by buying the disc online.

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Spend 90 mins listening to SFX? Sit there with their fluffy Sulley toy pretending it speaks?

Of course we want to listen to it. Surely Home Cinema is all about listening to special effects. After all it's only a kids film so why else would adults want to buy it.

KBDVD, you said in your post 'This is about protecting our consumer rights! ' with reference to getting the 'full' version of mosters inc as pixar intended it to be.

The truth is we have no consumer rights where R1 discs are concerned, if you check the back of your dvd case it states ' for distribution in the United States, its possesions and Canada.'

Originally posted by jonnyv
if you check the back of your dvd case it states ' for distribution in the United States, its possesions and Canada.'

Surely the UK is one of US's possessions

Originally posted by Ian J
Surely the UK is one of US's possessions
No, you are confusing possession with Bitch.

And still I'm no further on my quest for the Holy Grail that is Monsters In US Version.

Come on, guys and gals!

And still I'm no further on my quest for the Holy Grail that is Monsters In US Version.

I already said on page 1 that I have the US R1 disc from Disc Emporium and that they *only* supply US R1 discs unless they (rarely) state otherwise. They only supply non-US R1 product if there are extra features on the Canadian disc, such as the upcoming 3-disc Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Once more - I have the US R1 Monsters Inc from Disc Emporium. It has the 5.1 SFX track, I just checked. You're not easy to please, are you...?

;)

I swear by them as they have never buggered up any of my orders (50+)

Movietyme. (Please don't start a debate on them here)

Monsters Inc R1 USA version £16.99 - has the Monsters FX audio track - but to be honest the 10mins I watched it was pretty useless! Sqeeking chairs and the like.

Disc Emporium are faultless. I have been using them since 1998 for DVD's and have ordered almost 400 without any issues. Always the fastest and superb service.

Army Bloke - FYI, Picture Paradise supply a mixture of Canadian and US discs but they have recently decided to order discs from certain studios (ie. those that plaster French text all over the covers) just from the US. Not sure what their Monsters Inc is, they should have them tomorrow...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom